21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Repainted Horta "veins". I think this looks so much more like the show:

Shot from the show:

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/1/12/Horta.jpg

Not perfect, but much better. I used a lightened orange and it became pink. then I used Turn Signal Amber dabbed (not mixed-still separate on the brush) and tapped the brush around until I got the desired burnt orange look. The white wound had some diluted black low lights, too.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I love the effect of the Horta. I wish I coulda been there and watched 'em make it. Or maybe watch the guys think up the pulsing veins in the big-headed Menagerie aliens. That was a cool effect......Pretty early effects for the 60's. What a great job to have.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Thanks! It looks even more better, in person. I don't know why the camera does weird things..........
Yeah, the camera does make a good paint job look bad (not saying this looks bad), just saying it always looks better in person doesn't it?

And by the way, HAPPY BIRTH DAY. Now go eat some cake for me....

hal9001-

·
Starship Class
12,090 Posts
EXCELLENT job! Incredible paint job on an underrepresented subject! :thumbsup:

I like your color mixtures.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Last three photos:

I never knew marbles had seams!?!

I'm taking this one to my local IPMS meeting tonight. I love to see the military guys look and wonder: Why?

Along with my big 'o Aliens diorama.

I hope they don't run me out on a rail...........

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Fantasy base: it would include "No kill I", and a hole on the wall leading away. With fog.....

OK. I need not to obsess. Who the heck puts fog in their model, anyway?

Thanks for looking guys..........On to the next..

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I'm taking this one to my local IPMS meeting tonight. I love to see the military guys look and wonder: Why?

I hope they don't run me out on a rail...........
If they try, just say (in your best Horta) "Up Yours I" and watch them scratch their heads! :confused:

hal9001-

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
If they try, just say (in your best Horta) "Up Yours I" and watch them scratch their heads! :confused:

hal9001-
Seriously, they are a great and accepting bunch of guys (and gals) and the master of ceremonies loves my sci/fi stuff. He always tells me he's happy to see my stuff because we need more sci/fi fantasy folks in the club.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts