Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my Horta paint-up. I started it at 5pm, and layered until I had to stop. I'll do the red/yellow "veins" tomorrow:

Raw resin:

Primer:

Wound, with other enamels:

Another angle:

Couple more........

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple more:

Mostly dry-brushed enamels, with some enamel paint markers for the gold and blacks. Just kept tapping brush until desired effect. Pictures make it look too bright and colorful. To the naked eye, it is black and lava-like.

8:40pm. More tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I faced my work table towards my computer and watched the entire episode while I painted it. That's a fine episode. So many good stories. Thoughtful and intelligent. What a great show.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Observation: The wound had white sparkles in it, on the show. I'll have to go to Jo Ann's or Michael's and try to find some sparkly white craft paint.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Did you sculpt this or did you buy it? If you bought it, where may I ask can I get one? A must have to go with my Ceti Alpha eel!

Looks really good by the way, good paint job. And yes, that is a good episode.

hal9001-

·
Curmudgeon
6,602 Posts
Did you sculpt this or did you buy it? If you bought it, where may I ask can I get one? A must have to go with my Ceti Alpha eel!
See this thread. Then get one; you'll like it. :D

Nice work kdaracal! With all of the surface detail on this kit, it's a drybrusher's dream. Looking forward to seeing your continued progress! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Looks really good by the way, good paint job. And yes, that is a good episode.

hal9001-
A gift from a very generous friend.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts