Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to build a mid 1950's era road course sometime this spring, something that is longer than it is wide so I can adapt it into a 12' by 4' to 5' space. I'd like it to be an American track, the cars will be American sedans from 1954-1958, sort of like the beach racers of early NASCAR.

I got a book over Christmas that has the racing history of Nash, Desoto and others that has sort of gotten me inspired. It'll be a 2 lane track with a few crossovers, and I'm hoping to be able to rout the deisgn instead of using track to get realistic hairpins, squeezes and odd-angle turns.

Any website that has track diagrams for that period would be great.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know, Riverside may be a good idea, it was built in '57 and Wiki even has a diagram with elevation changes. There's a few pictures in my book that show sports cars like MG's and early Jag's which would be perfect. Good info, thanks.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have always liked the old Paramount Ranch track, probably because it is no longer around and had a crossover. It's longer then wide.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I recently read about Leadmine Raceway, a 1/32nd scale track that was based on the old Paramount Speedway. That layout would be great in a 10' long "T" shaped deal, maybe with a 5' or 6' top of the tee. Supposively big parts of the track still exist on NPS land, possibly visible on Google Earth at N 34 6.92784, W 118 45.1968 according to the web. I'll have to check my space but with a 6' top offset it would be about 5' wide for the rest. Another great consideration, thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts