Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it was a conglomeration of tools, etc, and probably not a real popular kit, but I'd like to se a repro of the Aurora Rat Patrol model kit. Anyone else?
What other vintage kits haven't been redone that should be?

I'd obviously add the Disney Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion kits to that list.

Sean

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I assume the molds for the Blue and Silver knight are still around so you don't need a reproduction there. But, you can also buy the originals for those pretty cheaply off eBay. I snagged a Silver Knight in a crappy box for under $20 a few months back. The box was a write off but the kit was complete and is a good builder model.

Atlantis was supposedly working on the Gladiators.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,296 Posts
Revell XSL-1!
Revell Convair Shuttle!
Revell "Space Pursuit" (combined parts of the above)
Revell Solaris space explorer!
Monogram 1/24 Phantom Huey!
Aurora Ragnarok AND Nuclear Airliner!

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Revell reissued the Convair shuttle a few years back in their SSP series. I still have a couple of them. The reissue came in a nasty aqua color plastic.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,296 Posts
Revell reissued the Convair shuttle a few years back in their SSP series. I still have a couple of them. The reissue came in a nasty aqua color plastic.
I have one, but I messed it up and want another crack at it. :)

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
The Monogram Snoopy kits. And Revell wants to reissue them but the Schultz estate won't agree to new products. But it's not "new."

·
Registered
581 Posts
I agree with "The Rat Patrol", but for purely nostalgic reasons. A very cool box, but as I remember it was more of a "toy-soldiers" kit than a proper model with a diorama.

Still, I'd like to own one.

·
Banned
1,257 Posts
How bout a recast of the U.S.S. Cygnus, from "The Black Hole"? I'd like to see one of these with a detailed latticework frame, compared to the original release design.

Also, did anyone ever make a kit of the truck/vehicle from the movie "Damnation Alley"? I love that design....dunno if it was ever made as a kit though.

Sincerely,
Scorp. :wave:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Were pretty fortunate really, most of the desirible kits have been reissued already. I'd like the Aurora Gladiators and Pirates ( both comming from Atlantis) MOM Wolfman, Penguin, Apache warrior....POTC and Haunted Mansion maybe..thats about it for me! a much shorter list than what I would have come up with 20 years ago! LOL..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts