Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, back in the day everyone replaced the ball ends and ball cups with dubro bolt on ends. I noticed these days no one does that anymore. I was trying to adjust camber on my T4 tonight and the cup kept popping off. Why not change them to bolt ons?
Anyone running them

·
Registered
988 Posts
There's a lot of the higher end touring cars that use captured ball ends. Dubro still makes them and I guess you could convert a lot of the ball cups on your T4 to captured ends but then instead of the ball cup popping off the ball stud whatever part the tie rod is bolted to will just end up breaking instead...

·
Registered
5,420 Posts
Hey guys, back in the day everyone replaced the ball ends and ball cups with dubro bolt on ends. I noticed these days no one does that anymore. I was trying to adjust camber on my T4 tonight and the cup kept popping off. Why not change them to bolt ons?
Anyone running them
I use the Dubro captured ball end on the inner rear camber links of my Losi XXX buggy and truck. I use them there mainly because it is so hard to get a ball cup back on on those locations if it were to pop off. (Actually, only the tranny side is hard, but I wanted it the same on both sides.)

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
The new plastic is much better than we used to have. I always did the same thing as you I built my RC10 with the captured Dubro links. I run RPM or Losi white ball cups and never have any problems.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
On a Sc10 or T4 I can only use Dubro on the outside ends of the turnbuckles. The Dubros can only pivot around the stud and in that plane only. They can not pivot well in 3 dimensions.

since the inner ball studs are verticle the Dubros can't pivot enough and end up binding, bending, and limiting suspension travel.

Notice how the captured ends on a Slash or Xray 808 buggy pivot on the same plane axis.

Just get some rpm ball cups. Be sure to grease the tierods well on the threads so that you can actually adjust camber without the links popping off the ball.

The rpms will bind real bad, so get to the track early so you can get at least 3 packs through your truck before quals. They'll loosen up on thier own quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts