Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i saw a quick blurb on this but i can't find it now. I was looking at someone's custom the other day and noticed they had the window in a baggie with some type of fuild in it, i believe they said it was CD or something to that effect.

I thought there was a product i could buy and let the windows/pastic sit in it and it eats away at the coloring but not the mold itself.

Thanks in advance for any clues/help Earle

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I'd like to know about that too. I've had cars that used a yellow tint windshield that I would have much rather had been clear or even dark to cover the yellow.

·
Registered
625 Posts
No sure about removing the colour, I don't believe that you can since it is usually a dye in the clear.

Now if you want to remove tampos from plastic, then Easy Off Oven Cleaner Extra Strength (you want the blue can, NOT the yellow) will take that off and not harm the plastic.

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
I could use that on some of the slots I have that have off colored windshields. I don't really think there is, like turbo stated "dye in the clear". Would be nice though. :) rr

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, the 'glass' is a tinted plastic so you cant change the colour. However...you could change the colour though by adding a tinted layer overtop. But if you really wanted them clear, you can replace the windows with ones made yourself. A easy cheap way is to use clear blister material.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I never heard anything that can make the glass clear again. I only know how
to make them foggy like when you are in the back seat fogging them up with
your girl. wink wink :tongue:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts