Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of the 1/43 scale Matchbox trucks that I bought at K-B almost 3 years ago. It's a 1955 Chevy tow truck. They were clearanced at $7.99 each. The receipt was still in the box. This truck was purchased in March of 2003. Original price was $29.99 reduced to $12.99 before Christmas of 2002. After Christmas they were clearanced at $7.99. I have several more of these trucks somewhere packed away in a box somewhere. All the Matchbox Muscle Cars were gone before I got there. Most likely they sold at the reduced price of $12.99. The funny thing is that a dealer sold me the 1967 GTO and the 1970 SS 454 Chevelle at "The World of Wheels" Custom Car Show in Pittsburgh for 2/$25 not even 2 weeks ago.

A nicely detailed bed with tools in it.

A nicely detailed chassis.

A tailgate that folds down.

The original box with the $12.99 price on it.

The outer packaging that has the $29.99 price clearanced to $7.99.

I wish I would have bought all of them at $7.99 each instead of just 5 of them!

Thanks for looking..........Take Care!..........STUTZ

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Yeah, K-B was one of the recipients when Mattell dumped all of the Matchbox Collectibles items. Adkins and Thor-Tek also had a bunch of them for real cheap.
The wrecker set, and the service truck set, were both really nice. The cast resin bedloads were all pretty cool, with lots of detail. I like the Pennsylvania Railroad truck myself, with the Hi-Rail wheels underneath, and a couple spare pieces of track in the bed.

·
Registered
920 Posts
I like that...

Never bought the Chevy/Ford Service pickup set, although, I did buy their other pickup set including the Holden, REO........the set is buried somewhere, I can't exactly remember what the models are - except for the Ford F100, the only one of the six which I have photographed.

The load in the bed is nicely done.

Steve

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice truck Steve! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing. I've never seen that truck before.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jinx said:
A mission :)

I'll dig them out, photograph them & post the pics.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I'm looking forward to seeing them!

I'm sure it's an impressive set. I just passed on a couple of these trucks that I didn't have at a show 2 weeks ago. The were 2/$25 at the show.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts