Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was thinking about the past today as i hunted one store after another.how many remember the good old days of long diecast isles with several differant manufactures hanging.today wallys has a few thing HWs, MBs,M2s very littel jad and miasto. target a tiny littel section of HWs and MBs and thats it.Kmart HWs,MBs maybe somthing else but most is pre dated WWII since the last new stuff came in...lol
i use to take around 20 to 30 minutes strolling from each manufactures peg space looking for new stuff,now unless they got a BOD i am in an out in around 5 mins.it has gotten sad.i buy alot of the new sereis cars from OLDs because it take for ever to make it on the pegs.every store i hit today has had the same old stock as it was 3 weeks back and i know because i mark some of the cars to check if anything has moved.still on the same pegs....lol oh well just my littlethought for today.:wave:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I feel your pain. I miss not only the large selections but i miss K&B Toys that place was top notch for diecast. JL's especially.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Yeah not only what's been mentioned but also TRU use to have a big selection of 1:18ths,now barely anything.Now you almost have to travel further out,store to store, to get your diecast fix.:(

·
Registered
6,817 Posts
Pretty much Hot Wheels and Matchbox here. No Johnny's. No M2. I hope we see some of the new Muscle Machines.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I've really been thinking of giving it up. I just never find anything that interesting anymore. I've grabbed some of the Hot Ones and Boulevard cars, but I can't even find regular line Hotwheels when I want them.
It may sound strange, but back in the PM days, Boscov's department stores were a great place to find Johnny Lightnings. I picked up so many brand new releases there, and they were always cheaper than TRU as well. Now? Nothing. :(

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I also feel the pain. I have pretty much given up planning trips to the store to buy cars, waste of time and GAS. Like the others said the pegs are always bare. I actually find more satisfaction buying online and getting exactly what I want.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts