Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,
The Reliant Is finished. I finished the final details and final gloss cote on her thursday night. It took awhile for the new decals to get here, about a month in fact, so it took awhile to finish it. Workbench pictures and finished pictures are on my website I whooped up in about an hour: http://www.fiercegaming.com/Models/Reliant/reliant.shtml
The windows could've been smoothed alittle bit but I didn't have a file, maybe i'll do that yet. Some pics turned out better then others, the dark ones aren't to good.
Enjoy, tell me what you think, open to questions or comments. All in all I am fairly pleased, It was a blast :thumbsup:

Please excuse my antique drawer (lol)...needs to be refinished, just shoved it in a corner for now.

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
Love that improvised aztec frisket you made. Nicely done! My only critique is that it's a shame you didn't use the Miranda-class saucer correction kit and the open shuttle bay. I've got to get one of those shuttlebays one of these days 'cause they look like they'd really add beautifully to it.

Still, I like what you did there! Excellent! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. Yeah I was thinking about getting that kit Griff, decide if I did another one I would get it. Shuttle bay kit huh, I'll have to look into that one I don't believe I have seen it. Thanks NemVia, I will have some space shots tomorrow maybe. Something cool I could try is just get some black tag board bunch out tiny to med. holes and shine a few lights behind it, I have done it before...its not to bad of an affect. I could also just do it digitally, not quite as realistic though. By the way NemVia...welcome to the boards :)

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
AW Studios has a full vac-kit in-works. I don't know of anyone currently working on a conversion, tho. Doesn't mean there's not someone who's got it in the planning stages, just that I've yet to hear of one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts