Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,Has anyone heard when Round 2 is planning to have their J.J.Abrams U.S.S.Enterprise model kit out.I heard March but I don't know if this is true.If you have any information as to its release date please post it.Thanks,Guy Schlicter.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ok.. found it

Was a press release on R2's site

"ROUND 2 ANNOUNCES LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR
STAR TREK PRODUCTS BASED ON NEW FILM

"bla-bla-bla"

The U.S.S. Enterprise will be first kit in this new model kit series. It is set to hit stores the second half of 2010. The re-imagined U.S.S. Enterprise was designed for the movie by Ryan Church, a well-known concept artist in the sci-fi film world."

So 2nd HALF of 2010

Read the whole press release here http://round2models.com/news/press-release090618

·
Registered
982 Posts
Phantom Stranger (works at Round2) over at starshipmodeler said they would try 2nd quarter of 2010, but that it was subject to change.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Ahh, that's where I got "2nd quarter" - just couldn't remember the exact thread

-----------------------------
"They say that memory is the second thing to go, but I forget what the first thing is"

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Jeees Guys, give Round 2 some time. They're barely batting the idea around over cups of coffee. A kit is a long way away. I would expect, if they are smart the kit to be released just before the next Trek film hits the screen, to ride the wave of publicity.

·
Registered
183 Posts
^^ Unfortunately for R2 they have to deal with the fact that the model should have been released 6 months ago.

Not Round 2's fault, but the reality of the situation.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
^^ Unfortunately for R2 they have to deal with the fact that the model should have been released 6 months ago.

Not Round 2's fault, but the reality of the situation.
indeed. most manufacturers want the items on the shelves for whats called the "movie break", and the ONLY reason that they dont do so is that its physically impossible, or the studio wont allow it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well Playmates made the effort to have toys in the stores when the movie was in theaters, so it can be done. Most major movies that have merchandise potential have top secret pre-screenings of rough-cuts so that merchandise companies can decide if they want to get on board or not. I think it was more a case of R2 waiting to see if the movie and the ship designs would be well received or not.

And I have to agree with others that if R2 is saying second half of 2010, we'll be lucky to see it by Christmas. We were promised the 1/1000 Refit by Christmas 2009. Not happening. Then we were assured we'd at least get the Vulcan Shuttle repop for Christmas 2009. Not happening. R2 is great at some things, but punctuality ain't one of them.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well Playmates made the effort to have toys in the stores when the movie was in theaters, so it can be done. Most major movies that have merchandise potential have top secret pre-screenings of rough-cuts so that merchandise companies can decide if they want to get on board or not. I think it was more a case of R2 waiting to see if the movie and the ship designs would be well received or not.

And I have to agree with others that if R2 is saying second half of 2010, we'll be lucky to see it by Christmas. We were promised the 1/1000 Refit by Christmas 2009. Not happening. Then we were assured we'd at least get the Vulcan Shuttle repop for Christmas 2009. Not happening. R2 is great at some things, but punctuality ain't one of them.
well sometimes things take longer than we expect.I praise Round 2 for the effort they have made so far.I said this awhile ago that we are lucky someone has taken an interest in the Star Trek model kits like Round 2 has.I in addition am greatful that Round 2 is making the same kits that I loved as a kid and continue too and they have brought back some great memories.I understand your point.But these things take time to get out and sometimes things occur that delay them and its not Round 2s fault.And they have gotten a nice amount of kits out at this time..

·
Registered
664 Posts
I too am partial to the "Original" design. But, I'm on a quest to build all ships Enterprise. I find some of the aspects of the new ship pleasing, and assembling a kit of the design will allow for a more detailed look at the intent of the designer. IMHO.
Besides, building Star Trek models is fun! I'll gladly wait until the 2nd half of 2010 to get it.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
phicks posted:
And I have to agree with others that if R2 is saying second half of 2010, we'll be lucky to see it by Christmas. We were promised the 1/1000 Refit by Christmas 2009. Not happening. Then we were assured we'd at least get the Vulcan Shuttle repop for Christmas 2009.
AND we were promised the Akira - class, which has now
disappeared.

mikephys said:
I'm on a quest to build all ships Enterprise
Are you doing the ocean-going vessels, too?

·
Registered
664 Posts
CaptFrank:
Besides the starships, I have the shuttle and one of the aircraft carriers (CVN-65). I hope to add the CV-6 in the future.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sounds like what I'm doing - only my "series" is the Ticonderoga - Fan-Fic I'm writing has them on an Excelsior class that I named USS Ticonderoga

1 - 19 of 19 Posts