Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just today received release 08 in the mail. rarely have I been as disappointed as I am today. The reason...custom paints. Auto-Thentics implys Authentic and until this release that is what I've come to expect. My collection of 1/64,1/42 and 1/24 all consist of Authentic looking factory cars. This release has no place in my collection. I do not mind the old tooling, but I do mind the custom paint jobs, and the lack of factory hub caps.
I will not be purchasing M2 again, until I can be assured that M2 will manufacture this series as implied AUTHENTIC.
How can I return this "JUNK" for a full refund with shipping charges and not be charged for return shipping charges?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Didn't you look at the pics that had been posted before ordering? It's quite clear from the pics that they are custom release.
x2. I agree with you that most collectors want a stock look from these cars, but it's nice to have customs every once in a while as well. I am quite happy to have a custom '49 Merc that is a perfect match for the custom Crestline Victoria from an earlier release. I will continue to buy M2's both stock and custom :thumbsup:

·
Registered
981 Posts
I picked up the yellow 57 chevy w/ black steelies from the first drag release.

then de-tampoed that sucker..

If you bought something you thought was strictly authentic without previewing first , then you get what you don't look for .. :freak: Hardly anyone else's fault..

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I looked at them and didn't buy them either. Did buy two custom Olds from the first release and converted them to stock, using wheel covers from '50 Olds. I want 51 Black Crestliner to convert to stock; Now what to use the '50 Olds bodies fo??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts