Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ROAR Region 5 Electric Off-Road Champs will be held in Litchfield, MI on September 10, 11 & 12. We plan to limit to the first 250 entries, due post marked by September 3rd. Flyers will be available soon.

We will be reworking the track. Dad and I have always talked about hosting a Regionals. I'm pretty geeked about it. I probably won't race - just build the track and keep it up during the race day. I want this to be the coolest track layout EVER at Litchfield. What I want to know from you folks is, what's the most fun thing you have seen on a 1/10th scale off road track? Describe it... tell a story about it... send me a photo... whatever. For those of you who have raced on the Litchfield track surface, what do you wish you could have seen over the years on our layout?

Keith

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congratulations on hosting this race! That is really cool. I don't know if I will be able to race but I have always enjoyed your layouts.

Some things I think would be awesome if you could incorporate into the layout would be Over-Under Jump. Check it out here: http://minnregrcc.com/photogallery/cm/thumbnails.php?album=9&page=5 I racjavascript:;ed on these in florida and it was a blast.

One other thing that makes a track fun yet difficult is a rythm section like a triple double or add a table tob in there. I know you have had things like this in previous years and they have been great.

Brayden

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
One of the neatest things I've run on was the Pot Hole at Brooklyn for the MEXORS race a couple years ago, Jesse Ramey made it. At first it just looked wierd, but it sure did work well for Hairpin cornering!, Just drive down into it, crank the wheel, gas it and it shot you out the other side like a perfect berm. I thought it was great! Different too.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Big Jumps baby, I liked the Double berm you guys had at the MARS race last year too...that was good.....do something like that.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crossover huh? The old man may find that too risky, but I'll consider that in the new layout. I like the thought of the bowl. Any photos of that anywhere?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Just wouldn't seem right if you didn't include the famous "Litchfield Loop" into the regionals track. Give them outta staters some hassels.

Joel

·
Registered
822 Posts
I Do Belive The Loop Was Removed Due To Roar Rules???? But Im Not Sure??? Can Someone Tell Us All Why It Was Removed This Year

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
A turn marshall stepped on it and knocked it over. I did not stick around to see who removed it. I assume it was easier to take it out than to fix it.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The loop would definately pass ROAR rules. We just need 8 feet of racing room on either side of it. We did build it with 8 feet to the outside lane, so it's within rules.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The race flyer is ready. Will try to get it posted to ROAR's website. E-mail me if you would like an advanced Powerpoint copy e-mailed to you.

Keith

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Flyers have been sent to ROAR and race sponsor Fantom. The flyer should show up on http://www.fantomracing.com/ shortly. If you would like a PDF or Powerpoint copy, feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] . Might want to get your entry in soon as we are limiting it to 250 entries. Entry deadline is September 3rd. With the entry fees at only $35 per class, we expect that this could fill up fairly quickly. This is the lowest entry that I have seen for a Regional in a long time. Plus, we have drawn 250 to 300 for MARS racing just covering Michigan. Add in the surrounding states and...

Plus, the track is gonna be cool. :)

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Q's that have come up - most or all is on the flyer, but in case you haven't got one yet (only been out a few days) here's some more format info.

Four round of IFMAR qualifying, then mains for all participants.
Five minute races, two minute grid time between. AMB scoring - personal transponders allowed - club transponders available.
Friday schedule: 9am to 9pm racer check in and open practice with groom sessions every two hours.
Saturday schedule: 6:30 am to 8:30 am racer check in and open practice . 9am sharp begins first round. Three rounds on Saturday with resort at the end of 3rd.
Sunday schedule: 6:30 am to 8:30 am open practice . 9am sharp begins fourth round. Minimum 1/2 hour break before mains. Single A mains, run in class order, bottom up (not A's together). Trophies for top 3 in each class. Maybe top 10 in A depending on entries.
Classes: Masters Stock Truck, Stock Buggy, Stock Truck, Mod Buggy, Mod Truck and 4wd Mod. This is the tentative class order, depending on # of entries.
No handout motors - bring your own ROAR legal stockers. Motors will be teched in each race. It may be random (say car 5 for one race, 2 for the next 6, 7 & 8 next) but expect at least one motor to be looked at in each heat.
$35 each class. One free t-shirt per racer. $10 late fee for entries after 9/3. Limited to first 250 entries. We think we'll easily hit that number. We expect a good showing from Chicago, Cleveland, Indy and Columbus. There are a ton of top notch racers in Region 5.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts