Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard anything through the vine about this yet i know its far off but just trying to plan some races for this fall.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
nope prolly wont find out til october or so.. depends who puts in for it.. regionals is usually chosen a month or so before the event..

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Here is the schedule for the ROAR Region 5 Paved Oval Chapionships---Fri.

Sept.17th track open for practice 1pm till 10pm

Sat. Sept 18 track open at 8am for practice racing will start at 3:30pm---4 rounds of Qualifiers---resort after round 3---Mains will be run at 8pm---single A main format 8 cars in a main.

Classes will be---1/10 scale 4-cell stock---19t---Mod BYO ROAR legal motors---no hand out tires.

Demo classes---Novak Brushless---SS 5800 system must BYO Sportsman

Stock---same as regular stock but you will have to B/O of the class at 32-4:00.00 This class is for newer drivers and for those who just like to relax have some fun and race in a regional event.

Roar membership required---single day memberships $15.00 availible at track---Race Fee $30.00---Everyone entering the event will receive 20 TriClone Bucks that can be used during the carpet season or next years outdoor season.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll talk to Jason Toebe at Road Rage Hobbbyspeedway. Great facility and would be kinda cool to see a roar event north of milwaukee.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
please tryu and plan it later into the season... this way we have plenty of time on the rugs, before it

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Karl

If he needs any help getting things together, have him get ahold of me. or I will stop by some time if he wants. I don't want to rehash anything you buddy and roadrage
have gone over. But feel free to contact me

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well this tuesday is the practice night (i think) so we'll sit him down and lay the law. I figure with me ,Buddy and you we should be able to make something happen.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
trackside oval program is supose to be every other saturday now.. maybe they can fit a regionals in now.. since he wont need and open type date... ill give him a aholler

·
Registered
385 Posts
Mike,

Scotty and I already talked....even about a nats bid. Scotty took a pass as he is lookign to do things at the shop this winter. The reschedule maybe part of it. So maybe next year. We'll have to work over the new region director then.

Kenny B

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
sounds like sdomeone wants to get back to racing......New region director?????

·
Registered
959 Posts
Hey Kenny, How about some Ohio Tracks.....they are apart of region 5 also. Not Everything has to be in Wisconsin. He had a great race yesterday which held 50 of some of the best asphalt oval racers around. The carpet seasons are even stronger. Last year we had an avg. of about 60 racers a weekend. I would think it would be a great place to boast Roar Memberships!

Later,
Rick Liehr

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
id be up fo classic.. have walt contact roar.. thats what needs to happen.. wisconsin doesnt get everything......michigan had it last year..

1 - 20 of 207 Posts