Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents - I'm getting ready to glue this bad boy together and wonder if anybody has recommendations as to the order of assembly - the trick being to run all the wires, electrical connections between the parts and general assembly of the parts :confused:

I've put the circuit board in the dish - I have a bunch of wires (power, nav lights, strobe light) coming out of the dish. I'm thinking of gluing the dish support to the bottom half of the dish (it's all wired up), then to the top of the hull with half of the pylon supports glued to it - the bottom half of the pylon supports are glued to the hull sides - This way I just lower the top half of the ship down to the lower half, solder the connections, stuff the wires and.....

I'm still trying to figure out how to attach the nacelles and run the wires through the pylons using the above method...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Haven't gotten that far yet. For the pylons though, you will need to remove some material from the two tabs on the bottom to allow the wires to come thru. The smaller diameter wire the better to minimize the size of the hole required.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts