Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
yep, someone would be seeing a bad temper alright...I don't know if styrene is edible, but someone would be finding out just how tasty that saucer section might be...

·
Registered
716 Posts
I think I would completely disown anyone who did such a thing, blood or no blood between us.

Sympathies. I have a brother with a bad temper, learned to just walk away, wasn't worth it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Be Klingon about it......kill your brother, decorate him with his own innards, drink blood wine from his brain pan and when the cops show up, claim it was a matter of honour.

Commiserations...it looked like a nice build.

Rich

·
Registered
115 Posts
someone needs some anger management!!!!!!
I'm sorry.... maybe its because i"m english, but there is no reason to behave like that.
Unless my brother was indecent to my girlfriend!!!
but seriously.. i'm sorry for your loss... maybe salvage the saucer for a destroyer kit bash?

oh sorry , no pun intended!

R

·
0 Posts
Zeno,
Sorry for the model loss my friend, by accident is one thing but that kinda behaviour...
Well i could say some things but not on this forum.

I can see where Rich is coming from with the suggestions and i can't say i fully disagree if that was me it happened to :)
All i will say is bad temper is one thing, immature behaviour like that from a brother goes way beyond it. Salvage what you can and just carry on mate.

Go easy and try to leave a certain someones kneecaps intact, no matter how difficult that might be to do.

Raytheon

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
does your brother have any clue how much a buildup like yours is worth? the last time i saw a refit buildup of the quality of yours on e-bay it was cruising at about $1500.00..... i suggest that you find one for sale on the net and (if you are still speaking to him) show him exactly how much damage, in dollars and cents, he did.
ive been having to deal with someone only because of relation for the past 8 months. this person is very insensitive, and its only when things are explained in $ terms does anything have any sort of value at all.

·
Registered
326 Posts
zenomorp Sorry does not describe the loss...it was a great build too, brother or no brother you know what they say about paybacks and this payback would last for a long time (thats just me) think i agree with jay_barnes . get back on the horse dude
when will refit #2 be started?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Wondering if plastic is edible, no no no my friend. Much better plans for that saucer...to boldly go where no man has gone before!!!!!

·
Oxidation Genius
31,234 Posts
Trash his car. Seriously, it may even cost him less than the value of the model to fix.

·
Registered
741 Posts
My god. Even at my worst time of temper I would NEVER consider the sheer personal destruction that has been caused to you. By the way, I'm on medication for temper and stress. If you brother is not, HE NEEDS TO BE. There is simply no way such a destructive attack on something so very personal to you should be excused, tolerated, or allowed.

You did some beautiful work and I regret to see such a loss. If it were me, however, I would see this as a chance to fix all the mistakes I know I would have made and make the next one even better... behind a plexiglass case... insured... and wait a few months before starting on it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
When my brother came home from Viet Nam in 1971, he lay on my bed with my BB gun and shot holes into every one of the 20+ planes I had hanging from my ceiling.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
robiwon said:
Wondering if plastic is edible, no no no my friend. Much better plans for that saucer...to boldly go where no man has gone before!!!!!
Sideways.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
BOY!!! :eek: That's enough to make a preacher cuss! :mad:
Totally unexcusible behavior... if I may say.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Like any similar situation, I almost bit through my lower lip as my fists slowly began to form and my knuckles went white, but I chose not to go with the murder route and just let him be. I did not see it's destruction. I came home from a buddy's house and found it like this all over the floor in my bedroom. For some reason, my brother had flipped out because I had borrowed one of his dvd's w/o asking him and he got tired of me doing it, so without warning, he decided to destroy my refit. Why, I don't know. Maybe because it was the first thing within reach inside the door. I am not talking to him right now. More bad things might happen. He is a hot head and I am the complete opposite. I look at it as another opportunity to make a better one. He's the kind of guy that you can't even talk to without him getting mad at something. He is always in a bad mood. Just wanted to share my misfortune with everyone. All is not lost though. Just to let you know, I am not looking for sympathy, just sharing my misfortune. My brother is 22. I am 27. I just got home from the Navy after 6 years enlisted. Only been back 3 months and I am having to stay with the 'rents while looking for a job. I built this refit and my NX-01 to kill some time while waiting to hear back from the companies I applied to. I recently got hired at Raytheon Aircraft Services. That, accompanied with loans through the VA, I am getting my own house finally and cutting off all ties with my brother. He has been doing this kind of stuff for years. He doesn't do it often, but when he does, it has never really been this bad. A number of years ago, I had a MINT 1986 IROC Camaro. I was giving him a ride home from school and he wanted to listen to a particular CD. I wouldn't play it so when we got home and out of the car, he took his heavy backpack and threw is against the side of my car as hard as he could, leaving a nice big dent in the rear quarter panel. I immediately ran over to him (he had a look like "Oh no, maybe I shouldn't have done that" in his eyes) and knocked him on his ass. I didn't really do much else because I am not a violent person and I had full coverage. The point of this story is that I will be away from him soon and he has been doing this kind of stuff for years. My parents just stay away from him because you can't deal with him or even talk to him at times. He works 3rd shift so he sleeps all day when my parents are at work, and doesn't get up to leave until around 10PM so they don't have to be around him really at all. Ok, shifting topic a bit here, I thought about making a reliant with the salvagable pieces, but I am not a fabricator. I wouldn't have the first clue on how to build the nacelle supports or any of the other parts needed. Maybe one day. Take care everyone! Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts