Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Banned
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a few shots of the Polar Lights 1/350th Enterprise Prop Reproduction I have been working on for over 4 months now. Looks like it's going to be May or June before it's completed.

Some of the features the client ordered include, working Blue Lasers (2) that emit from the forward Lower Saucer Banks to simulate "Phasers". The Movie versions were red, but client chose Blue, at considerable expense, over the less expensive red and green versions available.

Detailed Shuttle Bay by Don's Light and Magic. High marks on this kit and Pendragon's awesome decals! Painted most of the details, but the Bay floor was a tad complicated to paint correctly, so decals were used there. It's actually the "A" version's Bay, but that was a client decision as well.

An awesome Base and clear cover style Museum quality display with working monitors of a functional Deflector Shield Control Panel, as seen on "Wrath of Khan". We now offer custom Bases of this type on our Strange Stuff Studio website, fair warning, they are not cheap.

Fully lighted Nav and Strobe system duplicating the Studio version.

Detailed interior on the VIP Lounge, and 1/350th Figures by "L'Arsenal" throughout the build.

Photon Torpedo effects in forward Photon Bay.

Highly detailed exterior "spotlight" effects like the Studio Prop.

Brass after-market augments by Sasser's PNT Models, high marks on those as well, excellent detail kit!

Separate controls for Warp Engines, Impulse Engines, Lasers 1&2, Nav and Strobes, Photon Torpedoes, interior/exterior lighting, Deflector Panel. Also includes a Laser Etched commemoration Plaque that is illuminated.

Here's a few shots of work so far, soon to have all sub-assemblies together as one Unit, paint and detailing follows. Weekly updates on this project are posted at the Kit Factory website. I'd post some other great points of this long project, but can only post what's on the net at this time. :wave:

·
Banned
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
norge71 said:
BEAUTY! Can't wait to see the finished product. Really like to see this base he asked for too- should be something to behold.
It's really something beautiful, our Base Maker creates these amazing augments to give that extra "ooomph" to our builds. I promise to post final shots of the entire project as soon as I can. Thanks very much Norge71!

·
Premium Member
8,334 Posts
Excellent work as always, Simon! I look forward to seeing how this progresses. I also agree about the base - it'll definitely give that little something extra to the final display. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Griffworks said:
Excellent work as always, Simon! I look forward to seeing how this progresses. I also agree about the base - it'll definitely give that little something extra to the final display. :thumbsup:
Thanks Griff! I've been admiring Fokkerpilot's, and Raist's efforts as well, superb work. There some excellent versions of this kit being built, I've been paying attention in class.

Our Base Maker is a super-talented guy. Our little "collective" brainstorms concepts, and he produces them. Each Base is custom made, so it's made to work "with" the item that is going to be attached to it. Fokkerpilot's upcoming De Boer build will have an even bigger version of the one designed for my PL, it's going to be phenomenal!

A really well made replica needs a standout Base. The Cast Iron one MR made for the 1/350th TOS 1701 is really nice, but not much for a bit of extra Pazzazz.

Always nice to hear from you Griff, I will post more shots as the build develops. It's a slow process with all the extra's, but it will be worth it!

·
Banned
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
A couple more pics...

Thanks, I really look forward to the day I get 'er done, and appreciate all the time and swearing!

I have a few shots on my gallery page, of the VIP lounge, and Saucer and Engine's, during a light test posted. Arboretum with fiber optic effect, and a few more odd shots. There's thousands of images of the process of building this on my PC, over 4 month's of them, so I can't post all the highlights. It's been a really challenging project, I want it to be a sweet as possible. :p

·
Banned
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Awwww....just trying to do my best. Thought about adding this feature a few years ago, but it's the first time I actually went ahead with it. These are Lab Quality 620NM output Lasers. .25 seconds contact with your eyes, permanent damage. So only a very responsible adult get this feature, and there's a serious set of instructions included. Client does Laser Surgery as part of his occupation, so he's well aware of the danger of mis-using a class IIIE optical device like this. However, if used correctly, they are visible in daylight, and do not need smoke or particles to be viewable. Quite impressive actually. I wore special glasses during the alignment process, scared the willies out of me!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Simon, I love the phasers!! They look so cool. Your build looks amazing.

If I may ask a question, did you have any trouble at all fitting the sides of the secondary hull with the shuttle bay installed?

I am having a nightmare trying to get the secondary hull sides installed with the shuttlebay. Had to do alot of filing to get the sides to fit right.

I'm also honored to know that you have been watching my build. Thanks :)

·
Banned
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah! Know exactly what you mean. Here's the trick, cut half off the little protrusions that act as the floor to those side Hangar details. Cut down the Hangar parts the same. Now you have a slimmer more maneuvarable part, and stern lighting will fit just right. Since the Bay attaches to the floor of the bottom section, it will still align properly. The other trick, re-do the support lost to the side of the Hull by altering the Bay, with rods of Plastic or Brass. There, all fixed!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Here's the trick, cut half off the little protrusions that act as the floor to those side Hangar details. Cut down the Hangar parts the same. Now you have a slimmer more maneuvarable part,
D'OH!! Makes perfect sense.

Thanks Simon :)

G

·
The words 'Stunning' and 'Awesome' just don't say it but (as usual) i can't think of anything else that would be acceptable on thes forum ;)

She gorgeous !

One mind produces excellence, many minds produce this kinda stuff, top notch :thumbsup:

Go easy

1 - 20 of 104 Posts