Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This week I was in Burlington WI & stopped at their WM . They had all the different scale Reel Rides cars . As stated before , the so called 1/64 cars were HUGE! Just like most Jada cars . Didnt take any . The 1/87 cars were also bigger than 1/87 , but smaller than JL cars . I'm sure they will be popular with train hobbiests. At $2.22 - the price is good ... Then I spotted the 1/24 cars ! Chevy PU , Trans Am & GTX were there . Pontiac & Chevy looked scale correct , but GTX is smaller than 1/24 , more like 1/30 . Car looks good though , so I bought the GTX . Would of picked up the Chevy P.U. if it was a different color . These are not cheap! They are $19 ea. It does have all panels open though . See photos . Also has right on the box , Made by Malibu ...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I saw those today as well (only the gtx and pickup though),they looked pretty nice but I didn't see a price tag,and I'm cutting back on my diecast spending.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
at $20 each, I dont know how many I'll get, but I'm sure I'll need to get a Top Gun Porsche 356 at least...if I ever see these. Of course, this is how the fresh cherries started, too, and now their everywhere. Im sure with a little time they'll be everywere, too.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I definitely plan to get the 1/24 cars, but there are no Wal-Marts near me that stock them...so it looks like I'll either be taking a road trip in a couple of weeks or waiting for them to show up online.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Just saw those today. Since they aren't the same size as the JL and FC, I left them. They looked pretty detailed though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts