Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

..actually am on hiatus(?) for awhile for the summer, but wanted to pop n and ask...
..this auction..for one thing, is the winner anyone you know? or maybe it is u?

was watching this one and wondered if this Camaro in here is a real white enamel Custom Camaro redline...asked the seller if it looked painted, but didn't get a reply... the seller doesn't do many HW's so it looked like this was a real one... the rest of the lot look like junk, but decided to roll the dice, but got out bid...shoulda, coulda, woulda... dropped like $150...but don't kno what the high bidder plopped down...

Pablo

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6909220076&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT

(if that link don't work, it was auction # 6909220076

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would guess fake. With redline in the title and almost 400 views this auction was seen by many "pros" Also I am 99% sure most WE Camaros have a decent sized space between the hood and cowl.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
u kno, I think yer right! Just got the chance to check out a couple pics I saved... one was from the old Hot Wheels collector CD from 1998, and another couple close-ups from an auction for a real one a while back...they both have a bit of a space at the cowl... they also both seem to have black grilles (?)... altho one looks like it has a black or dark interior and the other has a lighter color..
thanx for the info....

·
Registered
14 Posts
WE Camaros are US casting. That one is a Hong Kong casting.

You can tell it is HK by the four holes in the base.

US bases have two round holes on the base.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts