Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering working on a custom. I need a set of redline Rader-type wheels similar to the wheels on the Monkeemobile in the JL diorama (but all four the same size). Can anyone suggest a good donor car that has these types of wheels/rims?

- JJ
www.hollywood-diecast.com

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does anyone have The Monkees VW bus from the diorama they wouldn't mind parting with?

- JJ

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Surely theres some classic gold , muscle car or mopar cars with the redlines you need ... I never much cared for them & usually swapped them with white letter tires . ( And resold the donor cars at swap meets for cheap ). How quickly do you need them ? I looked through my 'tire & wheel donor ' cars & found the Muscle Cars black '65 GTO has the redlines you want . I want the chrome wheels for the red 65 GTO -(they're not cragers) . The Cragers are on many cars . You may have to buy 2 cars to get the combo you need .

Email me at [email protected] & we can make a deal for your donor car.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Mac : There are at least 3 Monkeemobiles ! When first released in HOW , there was no graphics on the side of the car . Then the second batch had the 'Monkees' graphics . When it was put in a diorama , the Monkeemobile had Crager wheels on rubber tires instead of the chrome reverse nascar wheels the HOW cars had .

R

·
0 Posts
Dave

I think it was that he could use 2 different Monkeemobiles to get the 4 same size tires

And I think I still need one, but I can't remember if it is guitar or no guitar...

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
robmcin said:
Dave

I think it was that he could use 2 different Monkeemobiles to get the 4 same size tires

And I think I still need one, but I can't remember if it is guitar or no guitar...
If you figure it out, LMK I think I have dups of both the HOW cars. Only one Diorama.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts