Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my sons redcat hurricane xte. it was a pos to start but we think we got all the bugs worked out and it seems to be running good. Thanks to john from bigdog rc and chim13 for their help. Disite all the problems redcats support was on it and none of the replacement parts cost me any money.

Things that were replaced-
1 front diff
2 center diff
3 dog bones=3 times
4 servo
4 servo horn
5 longer hinge pins for front a-arms

personal changes made-
mp9 body (geneva toy and hobbie)
holeshots (thanks chris)
proline wine (geneva toy and hobbie)
4s 5000ma 40c hobbyking battery

Special thanks to chim 13 for finally fixing the dogbone problem
Special thanks to john and the crew from Bigdog rc for the center diff replacement.
With all the problems and issues we had this thing is really fast. My son won his first heat he raced in. second heat lower hinge pin fell out dnf. Main the upper hinge pin fell out dnf. Hence the longer hinge pins.
theres a little video
comment if you like or have and ?????

·
Registered
218 Posts
redcat monsoon xte

I have the redcat monsoon xte and had problems with it rear diff, servo and the radio system. I contacted them sent me all new parts and have yet to have a problem since. Redcat has great customer service and for the price a very well built 1/8 scale truggy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you fix the dog bone problem?

Hi,

I have recently purchased one of these XTE's (still in shipping) Hope I don't have the same problems as you have encountered. With said, in case I do, could you please advise how to fix the problem, much appreciated.

It appears this model has already been discontinued, which I only just found out after I pulled the trigger, which is a little perturbing. The nitro Hurricane is still on their website though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts