Hobbyist Forums banner

RedBird T/A- Remake/Take Two

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  rlyoung1 
#1 ·
The only thing I wish I would have done is to have taken a "Before" picture. I picked this messy, dirty and Nicked up car out of basicly a scrap pile of other heaps. Oh, it was only .25 cents to- But with a little TLC, I first tore it down and stripped it, Then Polished it to a T- or until it was Chromed!

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Altogether and with Tenth Anniv. Wheels on it. Its nice and kinda has its own stance- I could adjust it but why? I think I achieve my goal of making it Chromey with paint. I believe I had to redo this one twice, I touched it when the paint paint was wet, man did I make myself mad- lol. Then I had to strip/shine and repaint all over- It was worth the effort though. Enjoy!

Honestly, I still don't think the camera depicted the "Chromey" look that I was hopeing for, but it is Chromey red and even better looking in person.

#12 ·
Porsche911GT3 said:
Very nice! What brand/type paint did you use? I've been trying to do the same thing.
Thanks all for the great words of incouragement, I think this could be fun with a crowd of us here. Hey Porsche911GT3, the Paint is Dupli-Color, MetalCast Anodized Surface Color Paint. Its cool & great stuff, the red Anodized is awesome and so is the green Anodized. I have the Blue to but its just okay, maybe blue isn't my color. You'll probably see me Post a pic of the Blue on another car that I've done pretty soon. I really like this kind of Paint, its great- even for beginners like myself.

#14 ·
Swifty said:
Wow! I'm guessing that's Yatming's #1060 '77 Pontiac Firebird? :thumbsup:
Yep! You be guessing right, its a Nice casting :) It needed help when I found it, it was in that bad of shape. I found this Road Champs 57 Bel Air Chevy at a yard sale for a dime to, only thing was that it had been stepped on and the front roof post where collasped down. I struggled to repair it but eventually just took the roof off and made it a convertible, it has opening doors also- great old diecast. I buff to a chrome and used the Blue Anodized paint on that one. One things for sure, Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder :thumbsup:

#15 ·
RacerJoe said:
One things for sure, Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder :thumbsup:
And dees eyes iz beholdn' sum beauties!

I always loved the look of anodized and candy-clear paints.

I going to try and paint blue the 05 Mustang I polished and posted on the HW board.
I can only hope it turns out as well as your cars.

Beautiful work, thanks for sharing the pics! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cheers..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.