Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, I put a lot of time in on this one. The body is a dash super mod as are the pipes. The front grill, front wheels,engine and the windshield came fron various die cast. The rear wheels are from a four gear. It took 2 coats of silver, 5 coats of candy apple red and a couple coats of future. I might have to touch up the red around the pipes. I didn't notice it until I saw the pictures. I'm really happy with this one.
hojoe

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
This one brings me back...

Back to 1968... and the Hot Wheels "Hot Heap"... One of the 16 original first generation redlines that came out. This one even looks like it's painted Spectraflame Red!!!.... Nice custom Hojoe... :thumbsup::thumbsup: nd

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
That is cool as heck hojoe!! You did a great job getting the engine and radiator shell put together!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: SWEET!!!

Just a hint to help you out on your customizing journey in life, it's always easier to drill all your holes before you paint. This way, the paint goes into the holes and makes for a cleaner assembly. I figured this trick out doing head lights.. It helps eliminate the touch ups. Nice job!!!

·
Crazed Painter
7,230 Posts
love hot rods...Candy Red = Perfect color!!!

hojoe,

Nice looking hot rod & noticed the springs up front. That is a nice trick I use also to keep some front rims away from the pickups for REAL RUNNING fun.

Cool Hot Rod HoJo!!! I likes that color matching scoop :thumbsup::thumbsup: How does that coiled front end handle??? RM
yeah that matched scoop is Trick Pony!

Bob...the detail on this is Primo...zilla

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the kudos guys. It was a really fun build and it runs pretty smooth. The front axel springs keep the front wheels centered. And those wide slicks on the back really help it zip along. Happy Motoring!
hojoe

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Joez, That blue rod is a real looker. It makes me want to search out a roof and build another one.
hojoe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts