Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some Model Motoring Special Oil that has become like a gel. I have several bottles that are just as old, but have never seen or heard of this. It makes it really hard to put a "drop" of oil on the arm hole. Should I keep using it or pitch it?
hojoe

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
I have some Model Motoring Special Oil that has become like a gel. I have several bottles that are just as old, but have never seen or heard of this. It makes it really hard to put a "drop" of oil on the arm hole. Should I keep using it or pitch it?
hojoe
Humm ... i'd try it on an old chassis arm hole just to see if the heat broke it down and made it work an liquify some ? Atleast it wouldn't wick up the shaft and may stay put kinda like a grease would. I say giver a try.

Bear :wave:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been using it. I just tuned about a dozen cars and it seems to work just fine. It does stay where you put it.
hojoe

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
I have a bunch like that as well. I pour off the thinner stuff for my oiler (looks kind of like a pen with a needle at the top). That Aurora red oil is notorious for doing that but I've used the congealed stuff without any problems.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Put a drop of that stuff on the bottom armature hole on a T-Jet,
and take your finger and push it in.
Some guys use grease there because oil will run out.

You don't want to be running around with a dry hole.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts