Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As noted in the GASCAR Rules, under, "Red Flag Pit Stops".... it is stated that minor repairs may be performed during Red Flag Pit Stops, but must not interfere with other drivers who are refueling. The race director is in control of all Pit Stops, so if you are making minor repairs or adjustments, you stand the risk of being left behind once the green flag drops. The Red Flag Pit Stops are for the purpose of refueling only, but if you choose to adjust your car, or make any repairs, you run the risk of losing laps.

The last race at LPR, did not conform to this rule, and I do apologize. The host track race director failed to follow race protocol, and penalized Sam Presnell for making carb adjustments during a pit stop. Sam was put to the back of the line, and should not have been penalized. Please refer to the GASCAR competition rules if you have any questions. Sorry for the confusion, Sam.

Tim

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Tim -- I think we need to be sure that the Race Directors at the tracks know our rules.

I think the confusion is between the traditional "red flag" in which NOTHING can be done to the car and our version of "red flag stops".

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will make it a point to let race directors know our pit stop rules.......... I will furnish them a printout of the "competition rules" on race day. I think the guys at LPR are accustomed to running 1/4 races and their red flag stops do prevent racers from making any adjustments. It was an honest mistake, but we will correct it from now on. thanks for replying.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thanks for the apology, Tim. The incident you described here was actually the second time he sent me to the back. The first time was because I didn't "stay in line" when I pitted. I had stationed Pop and JT under me so we could communicate, and so they would be out of the way of the other drivers coming off the stand. I had to go past everyone to get to them, so he put me to the back. It really didn't matter since no one was on the same lap, it was just aggrivating. Especially since he seemed like he was enjoying putting me to the back. I think it is good that you are making the printout for the race directors who do not understand our rules, but I serioulsly doubt we would have the same problem at Rock Hill, and at Easley we usually get to make proper pit stops so it shouldn't be a problem there either.

Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts