Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I collect willy's, I have these Red Card Willy's and I know that I am missing at least 3 but not real sure if there are any more ! What do I need yet ??
I am missing the -
Bronze
KB Floresent lime green
Lilac

And are the Red Cards the first release's of the 41 Willy's ??
And does any one know which one was the first one ??

Thanks for the help !! - Douglas

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
I think you have all the sm. red carded Willys pictured, the green one there is from the kb exclusive 5-packs. As far as the first 41 willies released, we're taliking a few years here- I'm not sure, maybe someone else can answer that one.

·
Registered
7,362 Posts
according to the Tomarts guide.. the first 40-41 Willys were released in the Classic Gold series from 1998 (colors; starlight black, candyapple red and daytona yellow w/purple-pink graphics)
it says the red card series didn't come along till 1999
..plus with classic gold series, you get the rubber tires...

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Perhaps I can shed some light...

RacerJoe is correct, you have all 6 '41 Willys Red Card releases in the picture above, and the KB's 5 pack as well (the green one, possibly considered lime by some)

The Tomart's guide might be in error on the '41 Willys, (unsure, my copy was stolen some time ago) as the '41 Willys did indeed first appear in the Red Card Series as a new casting, along with several other cars. The original Classic Gold 1 series didn't release a '41 Willys, but did have a '33 Willys. That was in 1998, and in 1999, Classic Gold 2 began. But the first appearance of the Classic Gold '41 Willys was in CG Series 2, release 4, in black. The Red Card series preceeded that release by a few months, in June of 1999. Your yellow and pink Willys in the picture are the new casting releases.

As far as I know, and somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but there was not a lilac 41 Willys in the Red Card Series, although other cars in the Red Card Series appeared in that color. The darker reddish Willys in the front row center of the pic is the Bronze....

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
I've always thought, some may call the Bronze a Reddish Brown Rust color. I got into having to have All of the 41 Willys Rainbow to. :) The yellow was the hardest for me find but with help from Ultrahot from the board, I was able to get them all to. You have the whole Rainbow! :thumbsup:

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
A whispered voice *Taste the Rainbow*....

Little multi-colored 1:64 diecast Willys fall from the heavens onto the meadow, knocking clean little Willys-shaped holes in their heads.... :drunk:

:freak: Sounds like a great commercial to me. :roll:

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
That would be catchy theme, put a shape there for the StreetFreak/Rebel Rods to - You know what? that would make a great one - kid plays with a -say a nova and the commerical shows the varooom noises being made and then a older guy lowering a nova hood, then taking off. Hey, we have your real replica make and model to! JL- check us out :) Or the ultimate, a JL guy with many many holes in his head and the doctors are building the shape needed to fill the hole- Hey Look, it resembles a Superbee :) Then a deep dark voice says: Jl on the brain - we got your fix :lol:

·
Registered
985 Posts
Great post Dudly i wanted to know theese ?s also you know i need them all too:lol: im workin on it :) and someday i will have to own every Willys and ChevyII made a big goal i know but im not giving up. I put a good dent in the Willys collection already. And to add to your ? how many RR Willys are out there anyone know ?thanks for all the Great info from you all already.

http://img22.photobucket.com/albums/v67/chevy263/JLs/Willys/

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
http://www.dansdiecast.com/wyatt/willies.html

this should be all of them , I know I am missing a couple , maybe 4 regulars and the hot august nights . Also there are 2 different lexmarks a black with flames and a red with flames that I want to get .

as far as the 41 willys with RR's
HAN
Lexmarks ( 2 )
Pop hot rodding
Classic gold ( 3)
American Grafitti
Spiderman ( think these were 25% of the run )
Coke were also 25% of the run

my monitor is screwy right now so I can't really tell the colors of the red cars in the pic , I have 4 of them though and I thought I was only missing the blue one , I have the red yellow pink and purple metallic , looks like I have one more to add to the list now

and I do need 2 of the slot cars

I might have some extras of some of these though , if you need any LMK and I will see what I can dig out ( cost plus shipping if you want them )

just checked , have extra of the series 1 cars ( 3 total ) and an extra cooner from series 4

also looks like I am missing a few more than I thought
blue and white from series 2
ta rose from series 3
classic gold red
red card blue

then the HAN and lexmarks , and the red slot from series 3 of the slot cars then I have all the regular issues

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I thought I was still missing a couple red cards, but guess not !! That should be a wrap on the 33 & 41 willys then, I think I have them all !! I haven't got into the panels yet, but have picked up a few !!
Thanks to all who responded to this post you all have been very helpfull !!
And Owl, You have a great web site, may have to start picking up some of the Speed Rebels !!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Wow you guys are great thanks for all the info im still on a mission and now i know what ones to chase down Thanks Dudly /Longarm /racerjoe/Owl/Pablodragon:cool:

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
dudly said:
And Owl, You have a great web site, may have to start picking up some of the Speed Rebels !!
Yikes! Be careful, them little suckers are very addicting, once you get started! I have been emailed several times regarding how folks like the site because they need info on the Speed Rebels and the Red Card stuff. Hopefully, I've done my homework and have everything correct, based on the information and some questions answered by various but well-informed sources.

And a sidenote... Quite a few of my later repacked Red Card stuff came either from Eckerd Drug Stores, or just recently from a few finds at the Lightning Fest. Unfortunately, most of the local Eckerd stores are closing or morphing into CVS stores, and I have just one repack Red Card left to obtain, the VIP 2000 Mustang (yellow) If anybody has one on a good card (Red Card) and wants to let it go... ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts