Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new here, I am not a collector of hot wheels in particular, but as a kid my mother had bought me hot wheels from time to time, My favorite was "the red baron" I got it in the very early seventy's, as a kid I did the old trade it for something or other, I was sad that I did it the next day. I thought about that car from time to time. I ran across on in an antique store a week ago and bought it. I paid 2$ for it and I knew it was a reissue as it said vintage series on the bottom.
I would like to buy one for nostalgia purposes and was wondering if any one could help me with what I should look for in an original, I see them with the made in Hong Kong on the bottom with different dates, I.E. 69 70,74 ect.
Did the company date each year that the car was made? From what I can find out, it was made until 79, is this correct? I see them on eBay selling from .99 to 34$ and was wondering if this was mostly condition? I do not need one in excellent condition but would like one not beat up. a few paint chips would be ok. I see that some came with the iron cross on the helmet, others did not, I would prefer one with as I remember my car had the decals.
Thanks for any help on this any one can offer.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Welcome to Hobby Talk.
The old redlines are next on my list, I'm collecting the toppers for now. If you're accustomed to buying from e/play then by all means go there. Just set the price your willing to pay then start bidding.
I included a site you can go to to get an idea on what shape the cars will be in. It helps those of us that don't know what a C8 is.
I have never baught from E-bay nor from the car dealer I've listed. I buy from a Private collector.
Another helpful site is the South Texas Diecast

Another is this page

Toy car collector

Happy Hunting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts