Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on Cults website that Revell will reissue the Aurora Black and Red Knights! Good news I'd say! Hopefully, if they do well, the Silver, Blue and Gold Knight on Horse might follow..

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The red knight has been a bit scarcer than the other three foot knights as they were reissued in the 70's early 80's? It seems I heard Polks hobby had Revell do a run of those at that time. A bucnh of them were sold through the tower of London exibition that came to a few museums in the US back in 82-83. I saw it in Cincinati, they had pallets stacked high of the black, silver and blue. I got two of each. I thought they were old store stock at the time. later I heard the were made for Polks.. I bet you could sell a bundle to museums with armour around the world. a great gift shop item...I'm hoping if they do well, along with the Moebius confederate, maybe we will see the gladiators, pirates and gold knight and apachie. It seems farfetched, but things are moving sooo fast..

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd like to see some new historic figures well done in styrene. There are lots of resin kits out there , but they cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The foot knights were closely modeled after actual suits and pretty darn accurate. The Gold knight was modeled after an existing armour, but not nearly as well done or accurate sadly..I'd almost rather see an all new kit of a fine german gothic armour, more accurate in shape and details. Ahhh, well I'll take what I can get..

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hint hint...I know some of some of the biggest armour experts in the world..I could hook a company up with a researcher ( in fact one whose special area of study is German gothic armour) who could do things right...if anyone would be interested...

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The red knight has been a bit scarcer than the other three foot knights as they were reissued in the 70's early 80's? It seems I heard Polks hobby had Revell do a run of those at that time. A bucnh of them were sold through the tower of London exibition that came to a few museums in the US back in 82-83. QUOTE]

I dont think Revell ever ran those, but I know they were produced in Canada for a while after Aurora USA folded. I bought Canadian issues in the late 80s for about $10 each MISB. I passed on the Red Knight... which I regretted. Even today the Canadian issues are the most common.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I dont think the black fury horse mold is around, for the Gold Knight, the 1972 Black fury kit had the saddle and strap slots filled in.

Randy

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I'd be interested in a Joan of Arc in Armor!
Airfix made one in 1/12 scale. Its a nice little kit. Heller had the kit out under their name within the last 10 years or so. I have not had the Airfix issue, but the Heller one is good... molded in light grey plastic with a paper flag and decals for Joan's eyes and lips (for the painting challenged).

This is an old Airfix issue here...

http://www.vecchigiocattoli.it/airfixgiovannaarco.jpg

If you want historic (especially English) figures, Airfix did quiate a few and you can find most of them on eBay now and then fairly cheaply

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Now that Moebius has announced a reissue of the Confederate Raider, they will have the tooling for the horse. Who knows what they might do.... - Denis

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The red knight has been a bit scarcer than the other three foot knights as they were reissued in the 70's early 80's? It seems I heard Polks hobby had Revell do a run of those at that time. A bucnh of them were sold through the tower of London exibition that came to a few museums in the US back in 82-83. QUOTE]

I dont think Revell ever ran those, but I know they were produced in Canada for a while after Aurora USA folded. I bought Canadian issues in the late 80s for about $10 each MISB. I passed on the Red Knight... which I regretted. Even today the Canadian issues are the most common.
AhhHaa, I believe that! I never believed the Polk hobbies story 100%. I just looked at my "Tower of London" kits, they have small stickers on the side that say " Made in England" Could the run your thinking of been made in England instead of Canada? The english boxes were very thin cardboard, just like Canadas..

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I bought a set of the Knights in the early 80's as well. I sold them several years ago and have regretted it ever since. Now I will be able to build at least two of them! Like Otto, I am now a little bit hopeful that if these sell well we might see others :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
890 Posts

Yeah. I remember getting the Canadian issues in 86 and they were cheap at the corner drug store. About $6.50 each! I asked the owner where he got them and he said they were unclaimed freight that he picked up at an auction! Still looking forward to the reissues!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
What about "The Glow Knight"...or am I just shooting myself in the foot (or head)?

You know what would be interesting as a side thing...liscencing permitting...a Scooby-Doo Black Knight moel kit.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Is Culttvman taking pre-orders for the red and black knights yet? I don't see pre-order info mentioned on the site ... but maybe I just missed it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts