Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some recommendations for a good servo to use on my 12th scale oval car. I run a Futaba receiver in my car. I am not looking to go digital at this time. I am looking for a good recommend for a small servo probably high speed. I do not think that I require a lot of torque.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Futaba s301.
If you are new to oval this is a reliable and economical servo. Small size as well. Don't let servo speed rule your choice either since 12th scale is already touchy!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey Clint,

Use the s9650 or the s9602, the 9650 is digital and the other isnt, but they are both perfect size for 1/12 scale. I believe they are both around $60.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
I use a Hitec 81MG in my 12L3 and it works very well for a cheapy servo. Tiny and plenty fast for me.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Clint try a fut 9650 its a digital servo with enough power for a 1/12th scale and smaller/lighter than most others, look around and you can get one for under $50 and once you try it you'll never want to use any other.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thats the servo I ran all season on my carpet knife, just plugged it in and ran,you have a FAST spectrum system which will make that servo even better, I would look at the manual but I'm sure it would work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts