Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You might never be able to find that perfect classic muscle car or truck that you've always wanted... but at REclassics, maybe they have the car or your dreams; one to fit your budget after all..

*** sorry everyone- I accidentally wiped out most of my PB pix- I hate when that happens... and it's a huge pet peeve of mine when you click on something and see that dreaded little box- so i apologize in advance. I can't go through the trouble of re-loading everything I lost- i don't even use it that much anymore.

RE-classics page

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks--the one with all the windows is a 1/87 scale railroad car shop and the one with open bay doors is just a modified 1/64 ertl bldg... i've got about 4 of 'em that size and use them in different set-ups.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
You guys sure do keep your shop clean and you have a lot of nice cars on the lot too.

I love it. I'm going to have to come up with something better to display them with than just lining them up on whatever flat surface is still open in my apt. :p

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Very nice! If I had a dio like that, I don't think I'd be able to get anything accomplished other than buying new cars to play with on the dio! haha

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Nice garage diorama!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks 4 all the replies-
Everything's stored away right now (big move underway)

There are 4 different ERTL bldgs that i use; You can see some pix on the site- this is the best i can do for now:

MBX FL-Equip Shop

CP collision

fleet shop

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
I have this same building - started as a train repair barn. I think I found mine as an open kit at a garage sale many years ago for like $3 never built. It works well with 1/64th scale as the bay doors are large. Even 1/64th scale truck can go in and out. Originally it was designed for HO Scale trains to go in and out of with tracks running through, hence the clearance.

I swapped the roof and was trying to build a narrow parts loft down each side. I think I put ceiling beams in it as well as I was trying to determine if optic fiber lighting would work.

One of 853 projects I never finished :( might have to drag it back out...... thanks for the motivation sir!!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I have this same building - started as a train repair barn. I think I found mine as an open kit at a garage sale many years ago for like $3 never built. It works well with 1/64th scale as the bay doors are large. Even 1/64th scale truck can go in and out. Originally it was designed for HO Scale trains to go in and out of with tracks running through, hence the clearance.

I swapped the roof and was trying to build a narrow parts loft down each side. I think I put ceiling beams in it as well as I was trying to determine if optic fiber lighting would work.

One of 853 projects I never finished :( might have to drag it back out...... thanks for the motivation sir!!
So does this mean I'm not the only one with dozens of projects started and never finished Mark?:D

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
So does this mean I'm not the only one with dozens of projects started and never finished Mark?:D
Um.....no! At one time I used to log all my projects and secure all the parts and pieces in storage boxes/bags and then log my idea pertaining so when I came back to it, I would know what I was doing.

The last numbered project I got to was 393 and I have had roughly 100+ since then.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Um.....no! At one time I used to log all my projects and secure all the parts and pieces in storage boxes/bags and then log my idea pertaining so when I came back to it, I would know what I was doing.

The last numbered project I got to was 393 and I have had roughly 100+ since then.
Dipstick; I think they make medication for that now...:wave:
Plus, couldn't you devote the time to labeling and categorizing the project into completing the actual project? :tongue:

BTW: I'm still seeing a lot of activity at 1stPix from the feature on Hot World Customs... and the new links page I added seems to be sending some people your way too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts