Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have not gotten many JL's lately except that one day at W-Mart.
Today I got a big box from Russ.

Recieved the latest Gold Series cars. Outside of the grumbling we all have about the packaging I have to say the cars are very nice. If RC2 made all the JL castings with Gold Series car quality I would probably have no desire to get multiple castings.

Got the trucks and SUV's. Quality on all were good. The 55 Ford delivery van with JL logo was pretty cool. I was hesitant about buying this series but am glad I did.

The 65 Impala is an excellent casting. Good engine and interior detail.

Lastly I got one retro rod Olds 442. I think JL kind of missed the mark with this series somewhat. Nothing really wrong with the car but nothing really good either. If it was supposed to excite you with the feel of old JL's with the hot colors similar to the HW classics, RC2 failed in my opinion.

I did not find any quality issues with any of these cars at least with the first impressions.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Atencio said:
Hav

Lastly I got one retro rod Olds 442. I think JL kind of missed the mark with this series somewhat. Nothing really wrong with the car but nothing really good either. If it was supposed to excite you with the feel of old JL's with the hot colors similar to the HW classics, RC2 failed in my opinion.
Agreed, I picked up the 442 last night. Very dull.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Good assessment Atencio. I've only seen the Retro Talladega and Camaro and I wasn't that impressed either. I know the point of the series was as a throwback, but there doesn't seem to be that type of market - at least not at that price! These two seem to be what's left on the pegs too - not really moving. I want to get the 442 just because it's a new casting. I can't wait to see the 69 in other series!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts