Hobbyist Forums banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Whew! working in HO scale isn't the easiest thing in the world for sure!

Street lamps:

That's some pretty small wiring and LEDs!

Powered up:

That's just the diode tester function on my multi-meter.

Once on a proper power source, it will be much brighter. It will also be on a PWM dimmer, in order to fine tune the lighting across the track areas. The dimmer will be so nothing looks too "out of tune" with other lighting sources.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
Neato!

Pretty good!

Still fine tuning the "people print", but there's no doubting that's what it was intended to be: a hot chick sitting in the stands.

They will all look look pretty awesome once painted!

;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Drew the print quality up to the max and switched to a .2 mm nozzle (from .4 mm):

That's about as good as my printer gets. You can see wrinkles in the shirt and texture in the pants.

Good enough!

:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Working on the foot bridge gantry structure for beside the control tower:

Now THAT is a fiddly thing to put together... :rolleyes:

The center support doesn't go where you see it (there is no center support), I'm just using it to hold up the gantry while building it.

"Rock shed" structure in the production phase:

If it looks a little strange, that's because it's being printed upside-down. If I had printed it the other way around, the printer would have built supports all through the tunnel section and wasted a lot of plastic. You have to think about how something is going to print out in order to place it on the build plate and not waste a lot of plastic on throw away bits....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #148 (Edited)
Working on the "rock shed":

Didn't turn out exactly as I wanted, but it's close enough that I can work with it. If nothing else. it will look a lot better than a huge rock overhang out over the road.

Gantry almost done:

:

Marshal/flag stand:

Right now, the 3D printer is making people to sit in the stands....:)

·
BANNED
8,125 Posts
the "Rock Shed" is interesting, but I have to wonder if it is not sort of overkill in that location?
given that photos you provided of real ones have been at the bottom of a high, long, steep hill/cliff.
and the location you have put yours has little if any landslide threat?
Working on the "rock shed":

View attachment 311020

View attachment 311021

Didn't turn out exactly as I wanted, but it's close enough that I can work with it. If nothing else. it will look a lot better than a huge rock overhang out over the road.
ah, but then, I always to forget to "suspend my disbelief".

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
the "Rock Shed" is interesting, but I have to wonder if it is not sort of overkill in that location?
given that photos you provided of real ones have been at the bottom of a high, long, steep hill/cliff.
and the location you have put yours has little if any landslide threat?

ah, but then, I always to forget to "suspend my disbelief".
"Different strokes" I guess.

The upper part of the "mountain" hangs a little more than halfway over the lower road. Looked odd to me. YMMV......

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Started experimenting with guard rails:

I have several different types, but this one seemed to fit the bill the best. I think it's Tomy, but can't recall offhand.

It won't be staying all orange though. Painted up a test piece to see how it will look:

Orange and white on the front, silver on the back. Brown on the posts to simulate wood. Not bad for the first coat. Couple more coats and I'll get a good idea of how it will look once the rest is painted.

:)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Welcome race fans!

Bottom left are female photographers to be spread around the course. Top center are the pit girls. The rest are stands and assorted others. Still have to print more, but will have to start on things like pit crew, news coverage, etc.

On a sad note, MIL had a stroke Saturday night. Fast growing tumor with a bleed into the brain. Had been feeling dizzy of an on a couple weeks, nothing on Xray or cat scan. Was scheduled for an MRI this week to further investigate some "anomalies" on the cat scan.

She passed on yesterday, early in the morning.

Thank fully, being in the "Atlantic Bubble" (we only have one active covid case in the province right now), services will go on fairly unimpeded. Restrictions, yes. But nothing overly onerous or difficult to follow.

RIP Linda.

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Linda. My thoughts and prayers are with you, her, your family, her family, your friends, and here friends. God bless all of them. Have her rest in peace my friend. This is so sad.

·
Premium Member
9,016 Posts
Thank you for the nice comment milton congrats. 👍

141 - 160 of 160 Posts