Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 255 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Those are some cool finds, I had several of those a couple years back with the same type of wheels and ended up selling them because Im more into hotwheels & matchbox, I did find out that they do sell a bit better with that type of wheel... :)

·
Registered
812 Posts
Congratulations on the cool finds! I had the Caddy when I was little and would love to find another one, since my original is long gone.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
All very nice in less common colours.The Jensen FF seems to be the highest priced car from the whole range on ebay when near mint in a nice colour -demand far outstrips supply especially in rare metallic colours with hubcaps

·
340 with 727 Tourqeflight
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got this one for about half what I see them at auction. My first with the "sand dollar" hubcap:

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
That metallic gold is probably the rarest colour used by Playart 1971-76 - hard to find on any casting and it was the last new colour I discovered for myself last year - gr8 score!

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Yea, I'm guessing that there are a couple of collectors on here that are going to be stalking you for that. Good thing I don't collect Mustangs…

·
Registered
10,942 Posts
Nice indeed, I have a couple of the Stangs as well, to my knowledge, the only casting of a 1969 Coupe ever produced. You really have some sweet cars here!

·
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice indeed, I have a couple of the Stangs as well, to my knowledge, the only casting of a 1969 Coupe ever produced. You really have some sweet cars here!
Thanks! I've only kept Playart Challengers in the past, but I plan to keep this Mustang :)

·
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally got another Mopar besides my Challengers. I remember reading one time that Playart designers really knew their cars as, for example, this one is not just a Plymouth Barracuda, but a Barracuda Formula S.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Finally got another Mopar besides my Challengers. I remember reading one time that Playart designers really knew their cars as, for example, this one is not just a Plymouth Barracuda, but a Barracuda Formula S.

This is so very close to the Hotwheels Redline size and shapewise,I wonder if Playart made this because they liked the Redline and had one handy?

1 - 20 of 255 Posts