Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the summers I spend time grinding, sanding, drilling and making a general mess with resin out in my garage/workshop. Then I spend fall, winter and spring (in the warm comfort of the house) painting up the kits I built over the summer. Here are a couple I completed recently...

Alchemy Works' "Monolith Monsters" This kit was originally released by Monster Fun out of Canada. I'm glad Mike Evans brought most of Monster Fun kits "Back to Life"!

This is Dimensional Designs "Eros" from the original Outer Limits episode "The Children of Spider County".

And just for giggles, here's D Designs' kit pictured next to Saturn Ltd's version of the same figure.

Thanks for watching!
Phil K

·
Registered
581 Posts
Way cool! I've seen the "Monolith Monsters" movie - it was weird but better than I expected. I mean, how scared can you be of giant immobile rocks?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Well....When a monolith crashes down on your model room and smashes all your models.........

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Nice job and I've seen the Monoloth Monsters movie as well. It is likely it was on Mystery Science Theater! Great job on the Outer Limits character as well. What are the relative sizes of those two? Is either about the size of the original Auroras? I actually prefer models in that size range as bigger ones really don't show more and take up huge amounts of shelf space.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice job and I've seen the Monoloth Monsters movie as well. It is likely it was on Mystery Science Theater! Great job on the Outer Limits character as well. What are the relative sizes of those two? Is either about the size of the original Auroras? I actually prefer models in that size range as bigger ones really don't show more and take up huge amounts of shelf space.
The D Designs kit is 1/8 about Aurora scale. The Saturn Ltd is between 1/6 and 1/5.

Phil K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts