Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wondered for some time about which cars have these different colored rims and if they are something JL offers or are they strictly custom. The black Jiffy Lube is from Wyatt's site and I have the other two.

I was told the Jiffy Lube trucks are considered Rebel Runs which I guess is like a WL. Does anyone have any info on which LUV trucks have these rims and if they are available on any other VW pickup trucks besides the Jiffy Lube & Luv vehicles?

Any info on vehicles with these or other VW trucks with different rims would be appreciated. I tried to contact the company that was listed on the back of the LUV package but got no response.

Thanks,
Spike

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Not sure if this will answer all your questions but here goes; The Rebel Run cars have a holographic sticker on the card. When you move the card around you can see the sticker changes and you can see "Rebel Run" on it. I believe they made 500 of each and each sticker has the number on it. The regular run of these have chrome hubs I believe. All these are from Liberty Promotions and they may show some of these on their website. I have 5 different rebel run VW buses/trucks. Only one (the Indy 500 Fan Bus) Rebel run has a red chassis and a red section on the roof. The reg. version has a diff. color. I believe both have chrome hubs. They are not considered WL's. But they are chase versions.

The luv bus/trucks, from what I have seen, have the white tires on them for the "WL" version. I haven't seen any "WL" versions that have different colored hubs unless the regular versions do. These also I believe are numbered (the white tired versions) to 500. These luv buses were not made by Liberty Promotions.
Hope this helps some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts