Bugcatcher with honeycomb

Dual Quads with air cleaners

and Dual Quads

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So my questions is:
I know there were 8 different engine variations for the Rebel Rods.
Were these Firebirds available with ALL 8 variations?
I know someone here will know, so thanks in advance.

·
Registered
123 Posts
ECchopper said:
So my questions is:
I know there were 8 different engine variations for the Rebel Rods.
Were these Firebirds available with ALL 8 variations?
I know someone here will know, so thanks in advance.

Only 5 I believe....

·
Registered
886 Posts
I've only seen these four. The injector stacks only came with the hoosiers. I also have a hoosiers car with the dual four barrels and no air cleaners. From what I can tell, seemingly the only engine that was supposed to be released on the Hoosier tire cars was the stacks, but I have seen two other variations, one only one time(another member here had it, I don't remember who). I got the second variation on the 'bay and it is only the second one I have ever seen of that variation. I have probably seen close to a hundred Hoosier cars in stores and elsewhere, and all but three had the stacks. Maybe someone else has some input as to why about 99% of the RR cars I have seen had the stacks.
But to answer your question, I do believe that the above four engines are the only ones installed on the 'Bird. :wave:

·
Registered
999 Posts
I too only have the four above in the pics. I bid on the e -bay car with Hoosiers and engine #6, but am glad to know at least it went to a HT'er! Sorry, my last second bid made you pay for it pretty good, Flyin'68bird. Never seen another.

You could also ask this question over at Lightning Lane, as there is a forum there just for these cars, with a very knowledgable (sp) person as the mod.

PS. Got any Hoosier tired Rebel Rods to trade?

Thanks, Davidj

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm. Thanks, guys. So I may have them all ? Or is Junkman correct with 5 variations? I'll post it over a LL, too, and see what kind of response I get there.
I lucked out on one of them. Put in a bid on epay even though I couldn't make out the motor in the pic. Turned out to be the blown motor that I didn't have. Decent price, too.

Don't have any Hoosier's to trade, but I have an extra Dual Carbed model, as well as a few other Firebirds.

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n140/Ecchoppertrades/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts