Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if guys who have used it are happy with it. I'm planning on making a 6x16 tri-oval with a road course in the middle. I plan on running everything from T-Jets to Tyco and Lifelike. In searching I heard people say that the rebar wire has more downforce than regular plastic rail, but is it to much for magnet cars? Would I be better off contacting someone like Brad Bowman for rail? Please help me out I will post a bunch of pictures once I get started. :hat: Thanks again for any help!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Like you, I have heard that rebar tie wire has more downforce than plastic track rail. Another option is to look for stiching wire; this is the wire used to bind books. There's a thread buried somewhere in this section on a track built in Australia using stiching wire and it, according to the author, seems to have basically the same downforce characteristics as steel rail.

Joe

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have used Rebar for a few small test tracks. I really only run T jets so down force isn't an issue. I found that getting the Rebar to set in the groove consistently was labor intensive. Since then I have made two other small tracks with rail I bought from Brad. The result was much better. It also take time to lay the rail but no where near as much labor. I will use the rail from Brad again on my next track. Good Luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks alot for the replies guys. I was hoping for someone who has tried to run a Tyco with rebar wire rails.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts