Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Handling Issues

Im having an issue with my car taking off like half way down the straightaway. Its want to turn right and hit the wall. Any ideas what it mite be? And one more ? is Im currently running rear steer and im having issues with being to loose, if i take the rear steer out will this tighten the car up throughout the corner?

·
Registered
318 Posts
have you tried running less rear steer?, and as for the car pulling towads the wall down the straights heres 2 suggestions, 1st try centering the servo, 2cnd loosen up your diff just a touch, im no expert by any means just a few things ive ran across in my experience. hope this helps Mike :wave:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx for the sugesstions will do that, anymore sugesstions? and no i have not run less rear steer im wondering wat would happen before i try it i would have tried it the other day but did not have the time that day at the track.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
less rear steer will in fact tighten the car through the corner. As far as hitting the wall, check to make sure your not getting a glitch. Also make sure the servo is centered. Make sure your esc, servo, pt wires dont cross creating interference.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were standing on a 32 inch drivers stand, the car is fine down the back straight but on the front straight like rite in front of me it turns rite.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Sounds to me like a radio issue to tell ya the truth. I have seen radios act up when you get farther away, and i have seen them act up when the car gets close too. Are you running 2.4 or crystals?

·
Premium Member
1,856 Posts
check for rub marks on the top of the right front fender, maybe there is a bump and the tire rubs the body and it rotates to the right.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Have someone else drive the car to see if it acts the same. Not trying to be mean, but sometimes if you are new you will "think" the car is acting strange when it is just something you are doing and not knowing it. I have seen it a bunch of times, so get one of the local fast guys to take your car for a spin and make suggestions.

Rear steer will not make you car do this. It is a really fine adjustment and most people can't tell a diff between 1* and 0* of rear steer.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no ovence takin, its actually my bro inlaws car and dose the same thing when we both drive it

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Got ya. I would think it is a servo, or radio problem then. If you have the resources I would try a different radio. If you are using crystals try different ones. Also try 2 layers of tape under the receiver, and make sure the antenna is not touching the graphite.

Also do what Tom said and look for tire, chassis rubs. Clean the bearings also to make sure they are not frozen or something.

Sounds like a strange and frustrating issue. I hope you are able to get it resolved soon and get your brother in-laws car back in the race.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
If you servo has plastic gears I've had them strip in one spot causing it to do something like that.....one way it would turn just fine but had a dead spot the other.......or one way to check centering is drive it slow down a strait turn left then center to see if it pulls then right then center to see if it pulls......if it won't drive strait the during that there could be a few things wrong.....servo is bad or weak at centering.....binding in the front end......or servo saver spring weak......:cool:

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Maybe check for something loose on your t-plate, or axles. Just pick it up, and see if there's any slop when working the axle from left to right.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I have had a bad Spektrum module that did this in a 3pk and I bought many new parts even a radio before finding it was the module. Borrow someones radio gear and test a completely different set up before you spend money.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts