Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
Scott are you talking about the connection point of the rear trailing arms?
The slot that allows for adjustment?

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not that one. The multiple holes that the turnbuckles that go to the rear trailing arm connect to.

Moving the arm up or down will change the angle of change, I was wondering if that amount was documented somewhere.

I looked in the Pro1 manual, which BTW is the best manual I have seen for a 1/4 scale. WCM does not have one posted on their site and I hate to say trying to contact WCM directly is USELESS. I have sent some emails to them via their site and got a big fat ZERO for response. So I figured at least here I could get a response.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
OK Gottcha,
The two threaded holes on the top and bottom at the rear of the trailing arm.

Heck if I know? I have always set up the right side so my Right rear tire would transision the full shock length with out loosing or gaining any camber or gaining any more toe in. The left side I always used the upper position of the lower link to gain a little more wedge adjustment.

Jerry and I discussed a lot of things last year but that was not one of them.
Maybe I never got around to asking?

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After some experimenting with positions.

Left side:

Leaving the length of the rods alone.

The lower rod is in the 3rd from the bottom hole. Had the top rod in 3rd from the top. Took the shock off to move wheel easier. When making full travel, I noticed a gain in steering to the left on this wheel. I also noticed that the closer I put the rods together the less this effect was.

What I am trying to figure out is what effect am I looking for?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Another note this setup my tire temps ,right rear, left rear, are with in 20 deg at the most right side 140deg tire c5 ,left rear 120-30 deg , L20 BRP
1" .25 stagger less dempening how good its turning in

·
Registered
567 Posts
ScottH
I thought you wanted to know. The angle of the radius bar. From hole to hole.If so my bad.It looks like the topic is about camber.

ED

1 - 20 of 76 Posts