Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Where do you find those? I'd like to find a couple for myself.

(hey, it's no secret I'm partial to anything Mopar :))

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
my dad's 85 k-wagon ran over 100,000 miles before it finally gave up...i still called it the wonder wagon, as i always wondered why the hell he bought it!:lol:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I made a lot of money fixing those k cars! One common problem was the front wheel bearings, the engine ground strap was prone to corrosion and once it became detached the current would arc thru the bearings causing premature failure. Just a K-car fun fact!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I made a lot of money fixing those k cars! One common problem was the front wheel bearings, the engine ground strap was prone to corrosion and once it became detached the current would arc thru the bearings causing premature failure. Just a K-car fun fact!
oh geeze!!:lol:...luckily we bever had that particular issue...she was light in the arse, and kinda ugly, but overall she was a good unit...especially after my personal abuse:drunk::lol:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
I know the "K" car kept Chrysler alive.
but I hated working on that stuff.

I still see a couple of them running around my town.

and I agree about the wheel bearings. and the ground strap.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I sold 'em back in the day. 1983 and 84 were peak years of my thirty year career with Chrysler. Never sold more cars before or after. Not only K-cars but Horizons and Chrysler Fifth Avenues were hot. The K-car wasn't that great but neither was the competition. However, "Uncle Lee" had many of us believing that these cars were World Class.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I sold 'em back in the day. 1983 and 84 were peak years of my thirty year career with Chrysler. Never sold more cars before or after. Not only K-cars but Horizons and Chrysler Fifth Avenues were hot. The K-car wasn't that great but neither was the competition. However, "Uncle Lee" had many of us believing that these cars were World Class.
I was in the market for a new car but then - ended up buying a 1983 Chrysler E-Class, a stretched K-car based LeBaron. I checked out GM and Ford offerings and the K-car and its derivatives still beat the competition hands down. They were some pretty sorry times in the auto industry, I guess, although I didn't have a bit of trouble with my E-class, it was a good looking car in its day and I am still sorry I didn't keep it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts