Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Model Railroading theres a group who photograph their models trying for the ultimate in realism

Difficult to do with Slot cars yes, but NOT impossible.

This was taken with a basic Kodak Digital camera........NO Computer Manipulation was used other than to CROP and RESIZE the photo.

Share your Favorite Slot car Photo's that Show as REALISTIC a look as you can achieve!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No computer manipulation was used on the first one....I Only cropped & resized it.
This second one has a little manipulation..... I Lightened the photo and added the brake lights in Microsoft Paint.

It doesnt matter to me if you manipulate a photo for added realism, just share whatever grabs your fancy.........Its kind of fun to do and fairly challenging to hide slots etc...........I took about 15 photo's from different angles and then picked the best one to get this one...............You have to love digital camera's.......35 mm film woulda set me back a few bucks to get a shot like this one not to mention ALOT more time in the setup, specialized pinhole lense etc etc.

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
Looks great but you need to add some dust and smoke from that hard braking and scraping of the rubber. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: rr

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems nobody else wants to try their hand at this, its kind of fun once you get started. It would be nice to see what others could do on their layouts. :)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive always liked the way your Track paint & weathering turned out..........As nice as Any ive seen anywhere!!
Nice photos :)

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
Chap Nut...

Those are REAL nice and they really look REAL. Nice photo too. The only thing that tells you they are slot cars is the track. Nice work. :thumbsup: nd

1 - 19 of 19 Posts