Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need two awesome voltage packs for racing stock oval. I'd like 1.18v @30a or equivilent. Looking for true numbers at a decent price. Don't just wanna order of a website, would like to be able to call up and know what I'm getting. Probably gonna call Bruce at R/C for less. I hear fusions are good, but don't wanna pay $95 a pack for 6 cell. Any advice.

Thanks,

Lester

H

·
0 Posts
A majority of the companies selling GP3300 are good. The problem you are more likely to run into is getting the numbers you need at the price you are willing to pay. Most tracks that run pan car oval use a 4cell limit now.

Most places list runtime at 400+ or 420+ with voltage about 1.179 the 1.189+ are rare and generally will cost more.

·
Registered
659 Posts
There are many different companies out there. Many different ways of matching. Also one thing to remember is with the way the new cells are done. The high 1.16's and low 1.17's are giving the same performance as the old 1.17-1.18's. Keep this in mind when looking. I run Brahma packs, i have run promatch, whiplash, and SPC. There all great packs. Look for them and see what looks best for you. Anyone of the manufacturers you can send an email to them or call them and they will give you a straight up answer. Also talk to team drivers, adn other racers in your area that do well. See what they run, see how they like the packs.
Mike

www.demallieracingproducts.com
www.brahmaracingproducts.com

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Support HobbyTalk sponsors like

http://www.lefthander-rc.com/

Jeff carries a variety of brands, but they are ALL good ones and he supports this forum, so why not support him?

·
Registered
241 Posts
you can expect to pay 20 extra dollars to get 1.179 cells over 1.170 cells. Good luck finding 1.180 cells. Oh ya...don't buy any integy cells or any company that discharges at 20amps.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Chad,funny you mentioned Integy cells.We were talking about them today at the track and we all agreed,the're just not up to snuff.I've heard good things about the KC cells.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Give us a call.

You can talk to me direct and find out EXACTLY what numbers I have in stock and know what you will be getting !

I just got in a few packs of 1.180+ 4-CELL WHIP-LASH batteries this past week.

We also have the 4-CELL SMC 35-AMP batteries IN STOCK.

All of the matchers we carry stand behind their batteries.

Call me at: 608-215-0380 -- 8 am to 9 pm 7 days a week !

Good racin' !

Jeff.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Jeff at Lefthander will treat you right & I agree with bojo, TQCells are the way to go, they will have honest #'s & lots of punch. I just got 2 packs matched at 35amps voltage is 1.166, runtime is 366 & they just set a new track record in Kansas City. Those #'s translate to 1.181v & 427rt at 30amps.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Check out SRC .
I just TQ'd and won the Fall Classic with them, field of 28 4-cell stock cars.
Fabio's numbers might not read as high as some of the other matchers out there, but that is because his #'s are as close to accurate as you can get.
High 1.16's @35 should perform well.

As of rule of thumb I use, pretty much anything you cycle if its over 4.66 or so it will run on the track.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks alot for the great info everybody. I gotta make a few calls.

Lester

Now I gotta search for some high wattage P2k2's !!

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
You'll need to go to EA motorsports or Putnam for your motors the're probably the best out there right now.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Exactly how would one go about purchasing TQ Cells? I have been to the website and see nothing about buying?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts