Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I love the typo on shipping charges. $10 bid and $600 on to get it there. ;)

I know it's a typo because at the bottom it says $6.00 for the shipping...

When this pack become available? I haven't seen it, or even heard of it.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
I am so sick of these damn games.
First the 3 exclusives in the 6 car display cases at selected stores.
Then the re-re-packed Rebel Rods 4 in a window box packaging at selected stores.
And now this.

What are we paying $20 a year to be a member for?
Let me guess, the info is in the latest NF that we haven't received yet.

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't think they were. That's the new drop top Camaro casting with the wheels I like. Yea, wonder why this wasn't in the members section.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Question...

Can somebody explain to me the logic here behind these repacks?
Is there a price savings somewhere for buying these cars ln a group like this? If so, how much?
How much money do you imagine Playing Mantis (Johnny Ertl) wasted doing this (in regard to wasting the original package that was opened I'd imagined - then having to place into another package)?
How much money are they really making/losing here?
Yes, this is a serious question.

NovaSS, I would agree with you on this. Something just doesn't seem Kosher here. :confused:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Regarding Repacks, my guess is PM/RC2 would rather sell them in their original packages. But when they are left over and not selling, I suppose repacking them is just a way to try again.

Regarding Exclusives, I don't see a problem with a company providing an exclusive run to someone or a business willing to pay for them. They did it for me with the HobbyTalk 350Z. Why should exclusives be limited to the JL Club? There are exclusives offered to club members with each News Flash. If your not happy with the club benefits, don't join or renew. $20.00 is not much to pay for a club car and a few other benefits throughtout a year in my opinion.

·
Banned
2,477 Posts
i have wondered how the repacks are done?,,,,do they ship all the cars back to china where they repack them and ship them back here?,,,or is there a group of extremely low paid workers here who get the job?,,,,,,,

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
rwwcarguy said:
Regarding Exclusives, I don't see a problem with a company providing an exclusive run to someone or a business willing to pay for them. They did it for me with the HobbyTalk 350Z. Why should exclusives be limited to the JL Club? There are exclusives offered to club members with each News Flash. If your not happy with the club benefits, don't join or renew. $20.00 is not much to pay for a club car and a few other benefits throughtout a year in my opinion.
Hello Bobby,
I agree with you regarding exclusives made to order for the person or group that are willing to pay.

However I do have a problem if the car(s) advertised as an "exclusive" (say for example NF members only items that I paid a premium for where I have read countless times over that "you will never be able to get this anywhere else but here"), yet they wind up later to be sold yet somwhere again (marked down for peanuts at the Fest for example next to nothing).
That is why I join this club, so I can get something that the person who wishes not to join, can't EVER get. Members priviledges as we are constantly told.
I don't know if exactly this was what NovaSS was refering to, but I thought I would add my thoughts just the same.

Side note Bobby- The Nissan, Mazda and Infinity brochures are looking REALLY nice this year! When you open the '05 350Z brochure and see all those awesome yellow Z's, think of me. Those were "exclusively" my retouch projects and they turned out quite nice indeed.
:wave: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
274 Posts
I to have wondered how these are done, at one time i thought the models might remain at the factory - unpackaged, but upon close inspection of some of the repacks, ie the Rebel Rods as a example, some of them are beat to cr-p...chips, scratched, touchups that are sloppy at best...not even worthy of a 3 for 5$ purchase at KBs...FUNKY stuff. It did teach me well tho to inspect the repops very carefully. S/

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
higgprime said:
Nah, this was planned before any of the RC2 business.
Thats the point I was after, the plan, or the NON releasing of info to club members (put it on the main JL site for non members, makes no dif to me). I don't have a problem with repacks or exclusives, my beef is the way we have been learning about these cars coming out lately - right here on bulletin boards. WHY? I want the info to be given from PM, not by walking in the store and seeing a "surprise, here's something you didn't know about" car.

As of now, my membership ends in Oct '05 and I will not be renewing. I see no benefit. I'll get my club cars & club only exclusives from ebay or a buddy.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
modsquad said:
Hello Bobby,
However I do have a problem if the car(s) advertised as an "exclusive" (say for example NF members only items that I paid a premium for where I have read countless times over that "you will never be able to get this anywhere else but here"), yet they wind up later to be sold yet somwhere again (marked down for peanuts at the Fest for example next to nothing).
That is why I join this club, so I can get something that the person who wishes not to join, can't EVER get. Members priviledges as we are constantly told.
Well, I don't think I know about Club Member Exclusive items being available elsewhere. I thought the stuff at Lightning Fest was available in the Club Members Only area. As far as the price being lower at Fest, I consider that one of the benefits of being a Club Member and a Fest attendee. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
One more thing, I do not want to turn this into a bash on PM, I want them to know that I am PO'ed about the way they have been issueing or releasing their product line. They had to know far in advance of those 3 I had mentioned and I would like to know why the info couldn't have been added somewhere on their site.

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There are two sets with WLs on e-bay. I e'd them both. One said he got it at K-Mart, the other TRU.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts