Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody out there had any issues with BSR rear tires fiitting on the RD Logics lathe? They did not seem to know what a pan car was when I called there. He never heard of BSR either??? Has there been any aftermarket arbors that will fit BSR rears? It looks just like Hudy and Integy lathes.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Well whose ARBOR is on it..

HUDY and Integy dont come with arbors...you buy them seperate...

Ive used a HUDY 10th scale arbor with BSR.. BUT when switching to TM I had to buy an RC4Less arbor.. as the hudy did not do TM rears.. I have yet to find a tire the RC4LESS arbor wont work on.. For 1/10 pan cars that is.. :)

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the Rd Logics arbor. What else can you use? I thought you had to use the arbor that goes with the lathe.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Rd Logics arbor fits perfectly on the TM wheels but they are too heavy and don't stay on the rim as well as BSR's.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
The Hudy Arbor Works Fine With Tm Tires Both Front And Rear, To Use It On Rear Tires You Just Need To Buy A Metric Wing Nut And Use It In Place Of The Knurled Nut Then It Will Allow You To True Rear T.m. Tires

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Ken- When you say "the wheels are too heavy and don't stay on the rim" I don't understand what you are saying. Is the whole wheel and foam tire are coming off the arbor or is the foam coming off the rim? :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am talking about the heavy wheels that TM uses. The foam doesn't stay on the rim very well. They use a low adhesive glue like rubber cement. Jaco has the same problem. That's why I switched 3 years ago to BSR. This problem has nothing to with the arbor or the lathe. I was only using TM as an example because they have goofy wheels that don't fit many arbors but the one that RD Logics made only fit their wheel.

I had a friend fix the nut that presses against the arbor and it all works fine. I was amazed on how little RD Logics knew about "pan cars". They didn't know what I was talking about. They asked what kind of car is a pan car and they finally asked me if it was a 10L, I said yeah about 20 years newer though. ??????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts