Hobbyist Forums banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
A.Hartzell said:
I should be there Tuseday if I can get the car back together. :cry:
We need more 1/12th scale drivers to show up. Adam, Bob, anyone?????????

Am I gonna have to get a sedan so that I can race?

I'll be there later on today to change the L4 back to an asphalt car. Talk to y'all soon. It is fun on the rug.

Tim

·
Registered
264 Posts
ken Dont know about tuesday this week said:
Ken, Russ wanted me to tell you that neither he or Greg will be racing this week, too much other stuff going on.
-Leslie

·
Registered
822 Posts
Awesome Night

Thanks Dave Johnson For All The Help !!!!!!!!wow!!!! Rebuilt Car In Record Time And I Forgot To Tighten Up The Wheels!!!!!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Whew, it was a fun night wasn't it. I would like to personally thank everyone who came out and raced last night. If it can happen, it did happen with the computer. I have the software working just fine now, and I will have my laptop with me as a backup just in case it goes crazy again.

We has a decent turnout yesterday, and I just hope that the computer fiasco doesn't turn anyone away.

Talk to ya soon,

Tim

·
Registered
239 Posts
Tim
You compensated well, we finished by ten and there wasn't really any questions regarding results. Fun!
Ken

·
Registered
2 Posts
XXX-G+ need foam tire help!

I need to find out what kind of foams people are using and what size and shore. I have a xxx-s and have all kinds of Nitro Shoes 26mm front, and 30mm rear 40shore. Could I race with these or do I have to get 26mm in the rears ?

I can't wait to start racing on Tuesdays. Not this week but next.
I will be there Thursday for practice. Its a Great Track, Lucky to work near by.

Jeff

·
Registered
239 Posts
I Have gotten takeoff 27's to 22 laps, and twister 37 rear 40 front to 23 laps, stock class. the twisters are cheap (inexpensive) and are easy to use , just run a good carpet setup and true the tires to 60mm or less, no dope, very little droop. Traction rolling can get to be an issue, I had to narrow my tires a bit (28 rear, 26 front)for xxxs front and pro4.
I am using the same tire front and back on rubber, pro4 so its possible to run 40's on the rear, most people run 37's

Ken

·
Registered
59 Posts
It is high grip

I have stopped by and tried the indoor asphalt track. It is amazingly tacky and high grip. I will probably become a regular since it is literally an 1/8 mile from my office. My 2-3 year absence from the hobby appreciates not having to drive cross town Larry's or 55 miles to Jackson.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fun racing today :) Finally got my car together and tuned *with some help* for the main. Can't wait for tuesday!!! Im workin on getting my 1/12 car together again.. How has that class been?

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you haven't been there yet, you have to make a stop and try indoor asphalt racing at RC SCREWZ. Great track. Good people.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
I went and picked up a touring car. See you guys soon on the track. If 12th scale actually picks up, I still have my L4 ready to run.

Tim

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi Guys,

The track is awesome.

Will it be opened for practice after Christmas? I mean 27-30.

I have a lot of time now and I'd like to spend it having fun.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts