Hobbyist Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
A.Hartzell said:
So who is going to the first race next Saturday. I should be there running 19t TC with rubber tires. Can't wait. :thumbsup:
If its open tire 19t , nitro foam is the ONLY way to go .

Bob

·
Registered
239 Posts
The cool thing about this track is that I dont have to by a bunch of tires, what I have left from summer works, That makes the racing budget go way further!
Ken

·
Registered
10 Posts
Derek and Ken

When you say "stock" or "box" do you mean as the instructions tell or the sample set up sheet in the back??
I was there yesterday and was having the same problems as Ken, could baby it around the track but it would spinout if you got on it too soon after the trurn.
Ya gonna be there Sat Ken???

·
Registered
239 Posts
Box stock as per the building instructions. then derek's change, then replace the 1/2 mm shim on the foreward end of the rear pivot blocks with a 1mm (adds a bit of antisquat) , then move the upper link pivot ball (inner end) to the outer hole , making the rear upper links mid length. then I put 40 wt oil in the rear shocks . It worked best with the same tire around. I plan on being there saturday, I could use a bit of help, Doc says I cant marshal yet (sugery 2 weeks ago)
Ken

·
Registered
264 Posts
kenb said:
Hey Russ
Thinking about a bit of practice on friday, also what time ya going to get there on sat?
Ken
Ken: Russ said he will be glad to help you & what time do you need him to be there on Sat? He is flexible nowadays, you know! He & Greg went to practice there yesterday, so not sure if he will practice again b4 Saturday.

He also wanted to mention that it appeared that the rear tires were lifting off the track in the corners...how does he correct that?

Hope your feeling better each day........
-Leslie

·
Registered
239 Posts
Leslie and Russ
I feel real good... until I cough, sneeze, laugh, or pass G ...... or move wrong!
Just about what I expected. Fortunatly I am not on any nasty pain meds so I can drive.
Dont know what to do about the lift. The car reminds me of running corally 1/12's when to much traction (common thread here) and the no tweak chassis would cause the inner wheel to lift. so I guess that lowering the car is in order, the track is smooth and HIGH bite running sway at both ends per kit, briefly tried stiffer springs for earlier problems but no real change. part of it is the free diffs that are hard to tighten enough, which lets you hear it(need pads like a tc3 nitro) which may be a good thing cause now we know!
when I go friday I will see if I can set up a space (work the sympathy factor)
so maybe I dont have to get there so early otherwise I'll be there by 8 and it will be a long day, I could leave early if its to much, to soon or if the nitro fumes cause to much coughing (see above)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
kenb said:
to soon or if the nitro fumes cause to much coughing (see above)
It's supposed to be really cold this weekend. If it it too cold to open the doors to let the fumes escape, I won't stick around either.

I will be coming back to practice on friday and will be there as technical support on the computer on Saturday. If I don't get the electronics issue fixed in the 12th scale soon, I WILL just be sittin there runnin the computer.

Tim

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
DaWrench said:
Tim:

Hi,

YGM!!!!!!
Hey Tim,

I got the electronics issue squared away on thursday. Thank you very much for the offer. It's good to hear from ya again. I needed a servo for the 12th scale and I am spoiled by the KO 947 and was waiting for my 949 to come in.

I didn't have too much luck with the car yesterday at the race, but I figured out my problem afterwards though. I had a severly tweaked Spring Steel t-bar. Oops. It was a brand new out of the package one that I bought at Cleveland last year. I went to Halo(toledo) today and I was consistantly .2 - .4 seconds off of TQ pace for the race that took place the day before in 12th scale stock. The car should be good to go this year for Cleveland.

Talk to ya soon,

Tim

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Race report for Saturday Oct 16th, 2004:

I would like to officially thank everyone who came out for the first race of the season. Even though the turnout was low, the racing was still close and the atmosphere was pleasant. The 19T Sedan main was a good battle to the finish and the Stock sedan main was very close between the top few. Overall a fun and exciting day.

The new track layout seemed to flow pretty well, and not too many mishaps happened.

Normal club racing starts now and it is just $8.00 for the first entry and $5.00 for the second.

We will be coming up with new layouts on a regular basis. This one will stay down for a little while, but suggestions are always welcome. I will be drafting up 4 new layouts and I will post them on the bulletin board at the track. There will be a sheet next to them where the racers can vote on the layout of their choice. Or they can suggest a different layout. There's a lot of room on the track to make it interesting.

We will be racing Tuesday nights at 7pm sharp and Saturday at 11am.

Hope to see everyone soon!

Tim

·
Registered
595 Posts
Tim:

Hi,

glad you got everything sorted out.
as of this past week Cleveland might be out for us as work will not let me have the time off. I am trying to talk Pat to driving Mini down on Tuesday and I'll make it down late Wed or Thur.
We are thinking about coming down to R/C Screwz on a Sunday to see what's going on. Mini has met someone on XBox live that races there and wants to meet him. and we need a decent rubber setup for when we go down to Fla in Nov.

Thanks

·
Registered
822 Posts
Race Was Tons Of Fun On Sat Me And My Son Had A Blast I Really Like To Watch The Fast Guys Onroad It Looks Like The Cars Are On Rails

Cant Wait Till Tues "dads Night Out No Kids"

·
Registered
239 Posts
Had a great time!
It seems that the track definatly wants a carpet setup and twister tires 37-40
I used the hara cleveland 03 as a start for the pro4 and the car went well. Might have to try Dwights locked down, his car was fast!!!!
Dont know about tuesday this week, saturday is a go!. Hey Rus&Greg ... Sat? or Tuesday?
Ken

41 - 60 of 80 Posts