Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
October 16 will be the first race.

Rubber tires work real good. I was almost as fast as the foam guys today. Just a little more testing and I should be just as fast if not faster. :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Driving the track with ruber tires is more of a challenge. It will make you a better driver overall, so moving on to foams later on will be easier. Foam tires are really responsive on this surface. Some of the newer drivers are having problems with too much traction. There's always 1/12th scale. It just works. A hard purple up front and pink in the back and all is well.

Tim

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
If anyone is looking for rubber tires, I have a ton I'd be willing to sell cheap. I have new and used of all different brands, plus rims,

·
Registered
239 Posts
DerekManchester said:
Rubber is for Asphalt!!!!!.....oops....was I typing out loud again?
Who's fault?

Today the 32's seemed a bit loose and the 27's better
Derek I'm struggeling with my recently aquired pro4 and rubber here, ya gointo try out the track? (and get a setup)
Ken

·
Registered
503 Posts
kenb said:
Who's fault?

Today the 32's seemed a bit loose and the 27's better
Derek I'm struggeling with my recently aquired pro4 and rubber here, ya gointo try out the track? (and get a setup)
Ken
Run the stock setup. Change the inner camber link spacers to 2mm in front and 1 mm in the rear. 32's in the front and 27's in the rear. With no sun on the track run tire warmers and hold on. It will surprize you.

Not sure I'll make it there before the Indoor Champs due to the lack of grey fuzzy stuff on the track.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I would try to make the car work with 32s all the way around. 27s tend to melt in the rear after 4 or 5 runs with a 19t. Tire warmers will be a must for the colder weather.

·
Registered
503 Posts
It will swap ends with 32's all the way around. I've tryed it with that setup. Besides I was burning 32's off in the front with the setup I told him to run. I even went as far as running (Whatever the next tire down from the 27's) 22's in the rear. I never wore the rears out, still had the rib down the center. I'll have to stop by and check out the grip level though.

D-Rock
A.Hartzell said:
I would try to make the car work with 32s all the way around. 27s tend to melt in the rear after 4 or 5 runs with a 19t. Tire warmers will be a must for the colder weather.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Derek
Swaping ends is the problem. Car seems hooked, but a bit pushy,then I hit the trigger coming out of a turn and its gone! donut time. 27's were much better than 32's but still to unreliable to run with trafic. shortening the rear upper link helped a bit.
Its got to do with the track, The same setup was ok at the nite race, same pushy but no sudden loss(?) of rear traction... ride height and droop and tweak ok car is not broken

·
Registered
262 Posts
ken-Try to raise your rear roll center a little by putting .5mm shims under the arm mounts. I had the same problem as you, but this really helped a lot. I also raised my front roll center as well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yup, tried that in the back. The car was previously owned, so I downloaded the book and I am going to return it to box stock tomorrow. It looks pretty stock but going through the steps and checking it out might find something, then start over from a known starting point .. the book shows a 1/2 mm in thr rear,front arm suport, so its up in front, did you add another 1/2 , or just level it.... front?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Sorry, really garbled wasn't that... did you maintain the antisquat? or level the rear pivots when you raised them?

·
Registered
262 Posts
So who is going to the first race next Saturday. I should be there running 19t TC with rubber tires. Can't wait. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks Andy and Derek!
I got the pro4 working today, Box... then Derek's..... then shorten the upper rear arm and add 1/2 mm anti squat. The 32's on the front and 27's on the back does'nt work as the 27's heat up and fade out after a couple of laps.
the 32's look good but i can run hpi 33r's or T27's . It seems the track has so much grip any matched set of 4 is fine. Put the xxxs out with the full carpet setup only rubber tires and it worked great too
I could run 19 turn rubber or stock rubber (I have no extra 19's and no budget!)
Ken

21 - 40 of 80 Posts