Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RcScrewz Indoor Asphalt Track (Detroit)

Any questions or comments, post here. I will have some updates soon. The track is coming along nicely and the pit area is expanding to be able to hold 70-80 folks very soon.

Thanks,

Tim Stamper

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rich Chang said:
More pictures. :) The place sounds awesome!
I'm gonna stop by there tonight. I'll snap some pictures and talk to the owner about posting the pictures on the web site from the grand opening.

Tim

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
My only complaint was that they didn't have enough pit space... but if they are correcting that, then I'd have to wait and see how warm it will be in the winter before I'd make any more complaints... :)

I see they had several rolls of what appeared to be Ozite ready to use...

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Wow-best of both words-Touring cars on asphalt with foam tires is the best-I thnk. But if they have carpet to warm-everyone up for Champs and Snowbirds-thats awesome!!

Why does it have such great grip?

·
Registered
164 Posts
No the carpet is not staying, But the traction you get is like being on carpet
and the surface doesn't wear out. The asphalt is a special blend like they use out in cal. for indoor asphalt tracks. Grip is insane. To get foams to last we are using nitro foam and the wear is very low approx. .5mm on the dia for two 5-6 min runs with 19turn in the car. More pit space is also on the way.
oh 37 shore on the rear and 37-40 up front depending on your car.
Later
James

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Well-if grip stays up and a groove forms-tire wear will go down even more in time I bet. I thnk all new poured surfaces have very sharp corners on the substrate (sp?) which dulls down s more cars run. 0.5mm is not bad for two runs at all.

Ray

·
Registered
262 Posts
The carpet was for Larry's.

I can't wait to get to RC Screwz tomorrow to run. :roll:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Adam,

Thanks for stopping by yesterday.

I am having issues getting pictures posted of the place. It's like the track is area 51.

We are in the process of replacing the road dome board system with some traditional 2x4's and plastic all the way around and in flappers.

The traction is starting to settle down now. I still did see a car traction roll yesterday though.

Tim

·
Registered
262 Posts
The track was great yesterday. I had traction issues with the 1/12 but the TC was dialed. The asphalt was more of a challange to drive on but it was a LOT more fun. :) I can't wait until Tuseday when I can get out there and run again. I'll feel better about pushing the car a little harder when the boards are put down.

Its well worth the 30 min. drive to get there!! :wave:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Cant wait for this belly to heal so I can get back myself! wont be able to carry my full kit, but I can bring out the pro 4 and play, was getting it realy dialed too!, Some reduction in overall traction would be ok! I really like asphault best and to be able to run it in the winter is realy great!

Ken

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anything in the 32-36 range works well.

Take off cs-32's worked okay and sorex 36's work after a couple of laps.

Tim

·
Registered
262 Posts
Tim--If you still have some of thoes donated Cs-27s can you bring a few sets tonight. I might duck out of class early and run a few laps with the new TC set up tonight if all the boards are down.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The track looked great today. All of the boards and flappers are in. No more Road Ramp (sorry Dome) system. Saw a few guys running rubber tires. I know that I will be testing some on Thursday. Everyone needs to get over there and check the place out. I forgot the date but racing will start real soon.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts