Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to get back into the truggy class, cant make up my mind on the rc8t or the 8ight, a very trusted friend say the rc8t pushes like a freight train, but surely not !!! not an associated truck? he also said the 8ight t was pretty good but the kyosho strr was the best driving one out there ? any thoughts on this ???

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Any of the top brands of truggy are good. See what's popular at your track, so you can get setup help. Also see what has good parts support at your LHS.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well guys i have to tell you i drove the rtr 8ight t yesterday and i was absolutley blown away, it makes me mad to even say that because i hate losi stuff, but this truck is bad a$$ out of the box with no mods or diff changes

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
well guys i have to tell you i drove the rtr 8ight t yesterday and i was absolutley blown away, it makes me mad to even say that because i hate losi stuff, but this truck is bad a$$ out of the box with no mods or diff changes
I have to ask why do you "hate" Losi stuff?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
After 12 years of breaking Associated Trucks all the time,I went to Losi. Out of all the losi vehicles I have had The only one I was NOT Happy with was The XXX4 G+ with a Novak 3.5 GTB. If it could be Blown apart it was, If it could Snap in two It was Broken. Losi E 8ight = Exellent. I ran an 8ight B for two years with no problems except a bent Shock shaft. I had an Ofna Jammin and wore the Diffs out 2 times in one summer,Bent drive shafts and Shock Shafts(JUNK!).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well guys i bought the 8ight t and have run the crap out of this truck and i mean thrashing it, even though i am not a losi fan, this truck absolutley rocks, the only thing i have done to it was replace the clutch bell bearings, not even a bent shock tower. and we have some huge jumps on this track, so if you are thinking about one, by all means go for it

the earlier question, i had the worst luck out of a xxxnt i hated that stupid truck, as a matter of fact at the track one night i picked it up and gave it and the controller to a boy, have just always been an associated fan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts