Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1381 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This saturday Josh had an opportunity, at Showtime, to try the new foams from RC4LESS. After the race Garry Hamilton, who had a set, let Josh try them. First let me say the wheels are straight and look waaaay cool! :cool: On the track they performed great. I would say in no time everyone will be running these tires.
Good Job Bruce! :thumbsup:

http://rc4less.safeshopper.com/77/cat77.htm?4585

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Im sure the qaulity of the foam will be great...But does anyone really like the orange colored rim?.....I dont even like to buy TRC tires because of the yellow rims....Now orange?.:drunk: ...Bruce.....If you took a poll im sure most racers would want the black rim...........Black or gray......Just something to consider....Good luck with the tires...Im sure the foam will be good

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
As long as the foam is consistant and the wheels run true,(and the front bearings fit properly) I don't care if the wheels are pink, purple yellow or black. It's not about show, it's all about go. I think the wheels look cool. But then again, I'm kind of partial to orange.....

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
If the tires are that great, I would run them. But I agree with you guys, black wheels just look right on a race car. Maybe we can talk the Nature Boy into making them black. The wheel design is way cool though!!

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I agree w/rc5150...consistant foam and wheels true...you can't ask for more...Orange rims that cool I'm a little bias though... ;)

·
Bret Lund
2,684 Posts
With ORANGE wheels, there's no doubt where they came from. GREAT advertising. Think about it, a car with black wheels, the mfg. doesn't even enter your mind, unless the driver has the name plasterd on his shirt :dude: but ORANGE, you can't help but think about it :thumbsup: .

Later, Bret
PUTNAMPROPULSION.
TQCELLS.
TM RACING.
PRS.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
The Jet said:
With ORANGE wheels, there's no doubt where they came from. GREAT advertising. Think about it, a car with black wheels, the mfg. doesn't even enter your mind, unless the driver has the name plasterd on his shirt :dude: but ORANGE, you can't help but think about it :thumbsup: .

Later, Bret
PUTNAMPROPULSION.
TQCELLS.
TM RACING.
PRS.
I know what your saying Bret. But the advertising may not be true if someone mounts different foam on those wheels. Never-the-less, it is still advertising for RC4Less. I just like black wheels! :lol:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Black or even Gray wheels will go with any color that you would want to paint your car. Orange will not, we are racing oval cars not Touring cars. I have not seen a TRC yellow wheel here in are area ever. It really does not make any difference to me what color you make them , not trying to bash anyone. I just think the sales will be better with black or maybe gray, just trying to help. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
having a bright colored wheel actually serves to purposes. the first is it helps you see you car better. and second it allows you to watch the front tires to see how much you are turing the wheels. I really like the trc rubber and some of the other guys are running them and like I said i watch there front wheels to see how much they are turning.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I think a lot of you guys are hitting nail right on the head on more than one aspect of the wheels. If they are true and strong who cars about looks....are you racing or just looking pretty?? LOL And wheel dots can get you disqualified!

Advertising is the key, it doesn't matter if someone remounts the rubber, you still think RC4Less when you see them.

And those things are going to look real good on black asphalt at night!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
tires look great, but to be honest I would not buy them based on the color alone, only because there are other good tires out there that are on black rims and I take alot of care to having my cars look authentic to a real car. Not bashing here at all they look like a great product and the prices will be right, just stating my opinion.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
WOW, I didn't know color was going to be a big deal. :) I like the color. I also agree with McLin. When and if they set records then we will see orange wheels on everybody's cars. LOL
They seem to be strong and the front bearings fit snug but not tight.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
I agree with U2racer..I think bruce is a great guy..Have done a bit of Buisness with him.......However half the fun of this hobby to me is getting the car to look stought......You will never see an orange wheel on my cars...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Bruce came down to our track a few months ago and give a few people some of the tires to try, had good results. I was jelous that I did not get any, but I did not know him very well. But oh well. I like the rims because they are orange, and I can see my car going in and coming out of the corner, and it is a visual when I drive. And they are diferant from everybody else, which is why i was a little jelous. Cant wait for Bruce to come back down, super fun guy, see you at the reg. 3 ovals

Jimmy JAM

ZOOM ZOOM

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I want to clairify that Gary had Josh run the rc4less foams since they were sent to him.

1 - 20 of 1381 Posts