Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First our PL, not the RC2PL, may want to announce it themselves, so out of respect I won't go into details.

At the Chicago Comicon the PL booth told me news that was very disappointing.
I was stunned. Faithful PL fans on this board will not like it at all.
I think RC2 made a bad decision. It will certainly weaken this board. It also hints that RC2 is not interested in Aurora repops and their improvements anymore.
The refit is still planned for release but with this major change would it have been the same?

Now on the bright spot I saw and held the cool box to the Enterprise refit, I bought a cool convention exclusive Marvel flicker ring, I saw a built up of the NX-01, creepster cars were visually interesting, no refit test shots are back yet, NX-01 sold well so we may see a 350 Enterprise TOS but with the above news, would the quality control have been the same?

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
BatToys said:
The refit is still planned for release but with this major change would it have been the same?
Could you please explain this sentence? I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here!

Brad.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
phrankenstign said:
Bottom line: You're telling us not to expect any more improved Aurora repops, right?

Is that it?
If it was just that, in comparison that would be a minor thing. I think it's something we would all be disappointed about. And that would be a compliment.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dr. Brad said:
Could you please explain this sentence? I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here!

Brad.
Imagine if Ertl was now in charge of the refit, which was the impression I was given.
Worse case scenario: Will they give the same attention to detail?

It's too early to tell but I'm sure the refit will still be what we're hoping for.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Are you saying that there's a chance that RC2 may not go for a Frightening Lightning Big Frankie?!?

Your message sounds like us figure guys might have no other choice than the garage model market again. Course - to be honest - there hasn't been much for us here lately either...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ok... Bad news (as yet undsiclosed), hints about suffering quality inspection, and then's that post on the 350 refit topic (The boat one) that Dave Metzner won't be posting anymore (or smt along those lines...).

All I can say is Shiiiiit! :eek:

(if I got it right)

and if I did, the I'm :mad:

·
Registered
409 Posts
You know I hate this crap. If you have something to say then say it. Quit beating around the bush.

It's safe to assume that RC2 let a bunch of PL people go when they took over which 'could' affect future kits. It's SOP when one company takes over another to replace people. If that's one of the big changes then just say it. If it's that they don't plan on putting out any more kits then just say it.

PL was really into finding out what we the modelers wanted to build. I figure those days are now long gone but only time will tell.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
For cryin' out loud. Let me add my voice to those who are saying, "Just spit it out".

These ridiculous "I've got a secret" types posts are annoyingly childish. I just read another absurd post where some moron left a message asking us to guess what's wrong with Dave Metzner's user profile.

I'm 46 years old. I've had one bout of colon cancer and I come from a family with a history of heart disease. I don't have TIME to be playing second grade, schoolyard guessing games.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Well until we hear anything solid from someone reliable and willing to spit it out, instead of starting trouble again with assuming, we'ld be better off ignoring threads like this. I don't know BatToys, but ZIZ being a moderator of a forum next door should know better than to post puzzles to stir the pot. If you have something to say, say it. Otherwise don't bother with the old "wink and nudge" techniques. They only cause problems. If you know something we don't fine. Either report the whole thing, or keep it to yourself. :mad:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Rogue1 said:
Well until we hear anything solid from someone reliable and willing to spit it out, instead of starting trouble again with assuming, we'ld be better off ignoring threads like this.
Thats just it, Its been what over a month since the announcement and we haven't heard a thing from either PL or RC2. Right now it seems all we have to go by is rumor. I used to enjoy coming to this board as the PL crew was very good at keeping us informed on things but now we know nothing, have been told nothing but wait and see. PL has a very Large customer base and I think they should out of respect for the customers (who after all are the ones who made them this big) let us know something once in a while. I mean afterall they are about to release a 350 refit that will be by far their best selling kit ever.

·
Registered
215 Posts
This frustrates me as well. I mean...he's acting like he has inside info. If it were so "INSIDE"...HE wouldn't have been told. So it's obviously okay to "let it out." So stop the tease and spill it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.